Pancake - dessysalta

dessysalta

Game Ban

SS14 account: dessysalta

Character name: Sherrie Jet Rushine

When was the ban: ~1:50 AM EST

Server you were playing on when banned: USW Lizard

Your side of the story: This was during an extended round where the bar was turned into a Russian bar, fit with lots of drinks, soviet posters, food being spawned (ghost burgers specifically) and a music station that was being used to play music--the tiles, chairs, and most everything was changed. I was the bartender. One of the things that happened during the round is we stormed the chef's office and "took it over", essentially. This flew under the radar, despite the fact we beat him within an inch of his life, and I figured that because of this the round was a much more relaxed playstyle--though of course I shouldn't go out of my way to make things unplayable.

To make a long story short, about ten (~) minutes later I poisoned someone with a pill somebody left on the bar because I figured, "Oh, it's a relaxed round. They'll just revive him." Instead, I get a message from an admin (Pancake) asking me what I did. I half-jokingly replied with "poisoning a man or setting myself on fire"?

We shot a couple of messages back and forth, and at the end I explained I didn't think this was out of place for this kind of round--what with people occasionally killing each other and the whole revamp of the bar, plus food being spawned. I said I wouldn't do it again, then was surprised that I was banned for three days (until Monday at 8:58 AM EST, iirc).

Why you think you should be unbanned: A nearly three-day ban over a misunderstanding feels a little too punitive in my eyes, especially because I had only killed one or two people in a very noticeable, what I figured was a joking manner, partially given the fact everyone else seemed on board with it. I would have understood being banned for the rest of the night, but even then I wasn't given any warning and was booted without clarification. Really, I didn't know the round wasn't as casual as I thought it was.

Anything else we should know: This is my first offense, as far as I know. I was banned for an hour previously, but that was over a separate misunderstanding and was sorted out with the admin in question. I don't usually get much time to play this game on the weekdays, and I really didn't mean to ruin the round for anyone.

• Game Admin

Unbanned. I thought it was 2 day, as that's fairly standard for that, but I must've hit it an extra time.

Anyway. Unbanned due to good response...

But don't force feed people pills labeled "Agonizing Death Pill (FDA Disapproved)"... Thanks.

• Haha 2