Games_Sweat_Shop - Mass murder as antag

Ban reason: ""Murderboning" as traitor with no kill objectives. Several people murdered for no reason.

Length of ban: 12 hours

Events leading to the ban: Latejoin traitor 40-50ish minutes into shift, needed CMO hypospray. The station was in relative peace so figured I'd make a mess and spice things up. Killed RD for portal (emergency escape) people who hit me got hit until they either ran away or got crit. Killed janitor for noslips, engineer for toolbelt. CMO is nowhere to be found so beat some people in medbay and around the station to lure them, still no luck. Kill three sec at once in a standoff off then attack the people who tried to help them. Go onto the emergency shuttle and beat people in the shuttle's medbay because CMO still isn't there and I want that Hypo. No luck finding CMO and flee the shuttle.

Reason the ban should be removed: Appealing because I think the ban is unwarranted more so than not being able to wait 12 hours. I was not in any way being sneaky about my actions, I killed loudly, publicly, and without hiding for more than a few seconds to heal. It was after 30 minutes into the round as seen in 12.2.3. And I put very high danger to myself as seen in 12.2.4. It was also the end of a shift on what seemed to be slow-going shift.

Additionally, antags going around killing people is not a rare thing to see in lizard. If that is a bannable offense with no warning it should probably be pretty clear in the rules rather than the rules only showing the vague: "keep your homicide contained until the shift has had some time to be underway" (12.2.3)

As for 12.2.4 (Wanton murder of crew members in great number for no purpose and with little effort/danger to yourself is forbidden. )I was not doing anything with "little effort/danger to myself" like I said I was very loud and in the open about things, multiple people tried to stop me and those were the primary ones who were killed, including three armed secoffs with guns as well as a member of command and the captain(survived) in evac. If what I was doing is not dangerous to myself I have no clue what is.

Finally, If I am banned for something like this why is every person who emags disposals or singulooses not banned? Those actions cause much more death, and much more round removal than I did beating people around the station. They also do so with significantly less risk to self, practically none for that matter, and neither of them contribute to objectives in any meaningful way, unless killing the entire station for the sake of one or two particular kills is allowed. (singuloose)

image.thumb.png.002a76a0f69bd974c5572908f98aa4b1.png

image.thumb.png.9bd96cc7be6b489f198edf50f8f2e901.png

Edited by Games_Sweat_Shop
title

• Games_Sweat_Shop changed the title to GamesSweatShop - Mass murder as antag
  • nikthechampiongr changed the title to Games_Sweat_Shop - Mass murder as antag
  • Game Admin

Hello, sorry for the delay but we have had a lot of appeals recently.

Following a review of the entire situation  and having a talk with the banning admin I have decided to deny this appeal.

The reasons are as follows:

Your initial kills of the janitor, the engineer, and security can indeed be excused under antag rules as you were either getting a powerful item or stopping yourself from being killed or captured.

The main reason for the ban is you randomly killing people who were in no way related to your objective, or had something you could use. I cannot really understand how making medical an extremely dangerous area would get the CMO want to return to it. If anything they should be putting as much distance between themselves and medbay as possible in such a scenario. This behavior falls under the following rule which you mentioned:

• Wanton murder of crew members in great number for no purpose and with little effort/danger to yourself is forbidden. Hiding in maintenance, killing anyone who walks by and hiding the corpse is boring. You are taking people out of the game for no purpose while posing little risk to yourself.

It is true that we give Traitors a significant amount of freedom to cause trouble in the round and kill people in order to drive the round forward. This however is not a free ticket to just start killing as many random people as possible as it simply removes players from the game. The point where a traitor has gone too far is decided by the admins currently watching the round.

Now on "Additionally, antags going around killing people is not a rare thing to see in lizard". We do not announce how we deal with other players publicly, what may seem like another player doing the same thing you did usually results in an admin reviewing the situation and taking appropriate action.

On emagged disposals, that is the danger of just shoving yourself down disposals without a second thought.  If you jump down disposals then you should expect to die.

On mass sabotage from a singularity or a tesla going loose. That is a part of the game, the different power sources are designed to be sabotaged and create a unique threat for engineering and the station as a whole. It is also usually avoidable. Even still due to its destructiveness we have limited it to only happening intentionally after the 30 minute mark.

Snapshot_2023-10-31_18-38-36.png

• Game Admin

To enable speedy review of all appeals, appeals that meet certain requirements may bypass the standard, often lengthy, review process. Our banning policy requires appeals which are denied using the speedy review process have this notice placed on them. Any of the following criteria typically make an appeal eligible for the speedy review process:

• the ban length is less than or equal to 14 days,
  • the appeal is older than 7 days, or
  • the result of the appeal is obvious.

In some cases, the banning admin may process the appeal. The banning admin cannot process the appeal if:

• the facts that led to the ban are disputed,
  • the appeal makes a claim that the admin who placed it was biased, or
  • the ban was not within the ban guidelines.

You may contact a head game admin if you believe this appeal was handled improperly, but should be aware that this will typically only result in a review of the processing of the appeal itself, with the appeal being re-opened if an issue is found. An appeal is considered to have been processed improperly if the criteria to use the speedy review process was not met, or if the facts which the processing admin relied on to process the appeal were incorrect. You must concisely describe why you believe the appeal was handled improperly. If no issue is found with the processing of the appeal, the appeal itself will not be re-reviewed. If, in bad faith, you claim that an appeal was handled improperly, the reviewing head admin may decide to extend the time you must wait before you appeal and/or extend your ban duration. You can find a full list of staff, including head game admins at the staff directory.

Snapshot_2023-10-31_18-38-36.png