Discord - Zombie: Episode IV - A New HONK

Zombiedude101

Discord account: zombiedude101

Date of ban: 27/08/23

Events leading to the ban: I was talking about to the old ss13 racism, and had explicitly stated it was a good thing it had been phased out here, and explained my view that slurs like "ligger" were usually just used as a thinly veiled excuse to use the hard "nigger" slur without without actually using it. Due to my prior joking sbout an old SS13 server that had a weird vore system and complaining about a ban for "ERP" that I didn't see as ERP, this was seen as the straw that broke the camel's back. If I'm mistaken, feel free to correct me.

Reason the ban should be removed: 

At the time, I did not think the punishment should extend to discussing or speaking in support of the rule. It seemed kinda unreasonable to me, as someone who obviously wan't trying to harm anyone, but we can agree to disagree. It's been several months. In my time on the community servers since I've demonstrated good faith and as I will reiterate my intent was never malicious. I apologise if I upset some folks, and never intended to.

Either way I would appreciate an explanation of the administration's motives in their decision making if the answer I get is "please come back in a month"

• Project Manager

After lengthy review, your appeal has been denied.

Several factors were considered when reviewing your appeal:

• putting both the word itself as well as the thinly-veiled replacement did not help your case in the slightest (we have your ban history, there is no need to drop the slurs directly in your appeal)
  • a personal issue from me - the title of your appeal seems to try and discredit the severity of the issue (if you can't take it seriously, why should we?)
  • essentially copypasting your previous appeal to the current application (a few words had been swapped, so not a 1:1 but the point stands)
  • refusal to acknowledge other points that were brought up in your first appeal, specifically ones brought up by lonesoldier and Chief_Engineer: 

As such, your appeal has been denied. Speaking frankly, we have very little faith that you will return to the community as a productive member at this point, and your appeals have done little to sway anyone that things would be different if they were accepted. You may appeal this ban again as of February 1st, 2024.