GrimmGuard [Command Role Ban and De-whitelisting] - I legititmantly thought from pass precedent that ERT and Deathsquad, where one in the same.

GrimmGuard

Role(s): Command
Length of Ban: 10 days (De-whitelisting from Salamander was part of the punishment)
Events leading up to ban: It was a revs round, and I was captain on Salamander. Events where going as normal until a Paramedic flashed someone right outside HoP while I was behind the HoP desk giving PunPun bartender access. HoP saw it, and reported it. And I ordered Code blue, events spiral out of control while I sheltered in place in bridge, knowing going outside would be too risky for myself and for others, I gave a standing order to my HoP should I die, to make it their duty to request from CentComm permission to scuttle the station, it was in this moment I red phoned CentComm for ERT, expecting cool guys with guns who solve problems by shooting them to death,  also during this moment I tried to use a trick on a Borg that I keep constantly being used to great effect, that being proclaiming that only Command where crew since we thought all hope was lost and all hands on station where compromised. in a desperate attempt to get assistance so that I don't need to see that order filled out. When the paramedic announced that "We are many" and it was soon after confirmed t hat only the RD, myself and HoP where the only living command staff left and stuck on the Bridge. I mentioned in-character only to HoP and RD that I should call for Deathsquad, expecting cool guys with guns who solve problems by shooting them to death, and had been called in to kill a Nukies before over the course of the month I have been playing. I get bwoinked by Rose asking me if "I am firing all staff?", I replied something to the tune of "It is up to CentComm if they what the appropriate response to send is" later also adding something around the lines of "If indeed they respond at all" Rose replied something to the tune of "If your the Captain and acting like this, I think revs should win" at the time I thought was a snarky remark to someone already confused as to why I am in trouble for calling for backup when clearly the situation is out of my control. I pleaded honestly something to the tune of "This is my 4th or 3rd round as Captain, and I am still trying to learn the role/get used to it/I apologize for my inexperience and ask for leniency." Soon after Rose read me out my charges explaining that I would be banned from command for I think five days at the time but was bumped up to ten days for reasons unknown to me and a De-whitelisting from Salamander with the remark of "You are not MRP material" soon after HoP was dragging me thinking I was SSD all the while revs where beating down the door to bridge, I explained to them in LOOC I was being bwoinked and continued the conversation while on the move trying to escape to a shuttle or anywhere safer and wait for the backup to arrive, I frogt what the last remark Rose said, but I responded with something akin to "May we continue this conversation after the round is over?" thinking I could sit down with them and talk it out and find out why I am being punished. And then I was kicked from the server, and continued the conversation in Admin-help on discord (Message ID: 1186081935735398531)

Reason the ban should be removed: I was following a bad precedent set by other captains I have experienced in my time on Salamander, personally I played Captain with the expectation of that akin to British Naval Captains, something I am quite familiar with. (That expectation being to maintain order at all costs in the name of The King, that being NanoTransen in this case)but also as a dutybound and merciful one, the kind that allows people who break out Permabrig to be spared execution one last chance, the kind who mops floors when Janitors are short staffed and need help and there is legitimately nothing else going on, the kind to cook food and grows medicinal plants for the crew when there is no chef or botanist. in addition to all this, myself and a few other players had expressed genuine confusion (as noted in the admin-help of discord) over what Deathsquad is used for and what ERT are used for, seemingly because they are used interchangeable when it shouldn't be the case in hindsight (Like the Nukies Incident). And in my genuine defense, it's hard to make out what kind of "cool guys with guns who solve problems by shooting them to death" while there is blood everywhere, bodies littering the hall, the power is out, and the possibility of getting shot is around every corner.

Especially, if they are being intentionally left vague... (Message ID: 1186101260793954356)

To enable speedy review of all appeals, appeals that meet certain requirements may bypass the standard, often lengthy, review process. Our banning policy requires appeals which are denied using the speedy review process have this notice placed on them. Any of the following criteria typically make an appeal eligible for the speedy review process:

• the ban length is less than or equal to 14 days,
  • the appeal is older than 7 days, or
  • the result of the appeal is obvious.

In some cases, the banning admin may process the appeal. The banning admin cannot process the appeal if:

• the facts that led to the ban are disputed,
  • the appeal makes a claim that the admin who placed it was biased, or
  • the ban was not within the ban guidelines.

You may contact a head game admin if you believe this appeal was handled improperly, but should be aware that this will typically only result in a review of the processing of the appeal itself, with the appeal being re-opened if an issue is found. An appeal is considered to have been processed improperly if the criteria to use the speedy review process was not met, or if the facts which the processing admin relied on to process the appeal were incorrect. You must concisely describe why you believe the appeal was handled improperly. If no issue is found with the processing of the appeal, the appeal itself will not be re-reviewed. If, in bad faith, you claim that an appeal was handled improperly, the reviewing head admin may decide to extend the time you must wait before you appeal and/or extend your ban duration. You can find a full list of staff, including head game admins at the staff directory.