Writing a ban appeal

rihordo

SS14 account:  rihordo
Character name: Giorno Giovanna
When was the ban:      January 26,2022

Your side of the story: I was playing warden and our security area was slowly getting destroyed by other players, so i wanted to take advantage of this situation and take over the space station, by shooting everybody inside security and taking the place over. Then my plan was to cause chaos over the entire place and release all prisoners, allowing them to take any weapon they want.  I got a admin message telling me to stop killing, so i did, but still got a ban after a few minutes.

Why you think you should be unbanned: i was not killing people on sight, just killed security members to allow me to execute my plan, and allow access for  everybody to have a gun. i might have had a misunderstanding with the admin and understand i should not be murdering people for no reason.

Anything else we should know: I think a permament ban is too harsh, but i will read the server rules again and promise to not break any rules again.

• Raised Eyebrow 1

Metacommunication aside, you do realise that even though you "had a reason" to kill people, it wasn't valid?

Unless you're a traitor and unless it's self defence and can't be avoided you shouldn't be killing people, let alone as a warden and very much so never to take over the station. It's not only the server rules you need to brush up on but also chain of command and Space Law otherwise you'll fast get a job ban too.

• Thanks 1

Chief ideaguy

58 minutes ago, rihordo said:

i understand and im sorry for breaking the rules, but must the ban really be permament? i personally do not think i did something so horrible to recieve a perma ban.

Address your usage of voice chat like I asked. The problem is we have no way to prove you will not do it again, and it's a serious issue for this game.

yeah i admit it i used voice chat to play with one of my friends, but i did not realise it was that huge of a issue. I understand now that using voice chat is not allowed, and im not sure how can i prove i will not do it again, but now i understand the server rules and im willing to follow them if im even able to play again

• Project Manager

I understand now that using voice chat is not allowed

If you'd read the rules, which you're forced to do for 45 seconds, you'd know it's not allowed

This is a roleplaying game, thus IC conflicts must only be resolved with IC (Local) chat, utilizing voice chat, calling across the room, OOC, or other out-of-game communication methods to coordinate in-game actions is forbidden and will result in a appeal-only permanent ban in most cases.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:48 PM, rihordo said:

I was playing warden and our security area was slowly getting destroyed by other players, so i wanted to take advantage of this situation and take over the space station, by shooting everybody inside security and taking the

I was sec and reported u to the admin  and i just wanna add  this :  you did this pretty much at the start of the round a and i hope ur friend avdol muhammad got banned too

i've seen people saying n word and being racist and offensive, and they do not get banned, which is a bigger problem than griefing one round of this game......... get your priorities straight. I have seen people also  being homofobic  and no recieving perma bans

6 hours ago, rihordo said:

i've seen people saying n word and being racist and offensive, and they do not get banned, which is a bigger problem than griefing one round of this game......... get your priorities straight. I have seen people also  being homofobic  and no recieving perma bans

Except every user who does this is banned, and you've got no proof otherwise.
We may not see it immediately but we do check game logs.

You have failed to appropriately address the ban reason, and I am going to be denying this appeal. Try again in a week.

• moony locked this topic