Humans being the only species to be command when?

Bob123

in TG a human trait was that they were the only species that was allowed to become a command member, why not bring it back? Right now humans are just brains controlling a skeleton mech that has flesh armor, why not give them the ability to be the only species to be command? Not trying to be spacist or anything but i want humans to have cooler traits. Atleast give them some trait like that they are the only species to develop cancer or something idk. Give us human players some kind of cool trait either command or cancer.

• Game Admin

I dont think species job limitations would ever be something that would be used here on the upstream. The different species perks are meant to make them unique from one another while not making them better or worse. Humans are just meant to be the base/standard for the development of other species.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.9d73c97e29d1ab92e3bbbd235daf6713.png

First of all, this would make the assumption that Nanotrasen is Spacist (space racist), and second of all, I also do think that humans should get their own ability, but this just ain't it. Humans are meant to be an all-rounded species. Lemme show you a table;
Slimes = low brute damage but high baro damage 
Spiders = weave web for crafting but converts blood and other things wierd
Lizard = I don't remember the upside, but there is one... and the inability to eat anything that isn't meat
Moth = lower temp damage but can only eat cloth
Humans = no upsides or downsides

The idea is that humans have zero downsides or upsides. they are a sterile baseline for a character and is actually good for combat scenarios like nukies or secoffs for their all-roundedness.

"Git infuriates me bro just let me commit the changes you freaking guy" -Obama, maybe

DOMAIN EXPANSION; TEXT WALL: YAPANESE!!

8 hours ago, Warentan said:

First of all, this would make the assumption that Nanotrasen is Spacist (space racist), and second of all, I also do think that humans should get their own ability, but this just ain't it. Humans are meant to be an all-rounded species. Lemme show you a table;
Slimes = low brute damage but high baro damage 
Spiders = weave web for crafting but converts blood and other things wierd
Lizard = I don't remember the upside, but there is one... and the inability to eat anything that isn't meat
Moth = lower temp damage but can only eat cloth
Humans = no upsides or downsides

The idea is that humans have zero downsides or upsides. they are a sterile baseline for a character and is actually good for combat scenarios like nukies or secoffs for their all-roundedness.

nanotrasen was founded by humans from my knowledge, wouldnt it make sense for them to trust humans the most in command positions? Thats not even spacist.

• Game Admin

nanotrasen was founded by humans from my knowledge

Lore is sus at best, and I'm not sure if we even share lore from SS13

wouldnt it make sense for them to trust humans the most in command positions? Thats not even spacist.

If you deny someone a job position, because of factors that cannot be changed (species*, race, age, etc) that IS discrimination. Only allowing humans to be command members breaks our own rules and consequently, creates a caste system within the game of species. 

image.thumb.png.9d73c97e29d1ab92e3bbbd235daf6713.png

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Bob123 said:

nanotrasen was founded by humans from my knowledge, wouldnt it make sense for them to trust humans the most in command positions? Thats not even spacist.

We have no lore

Your idea breaks one of the rules of the server, so no.

Edited by kaishiba

5 hours ago, Bob123 said:

"Trust humans the most," directly mentioning the human race themselves, is in and of itself spacist. I could make an analogy here, but I'm not sure how the internet will interpret it, so I will not.
also we have no lore NT was not specifically founded by humans

"Git infuriates me bro just let me commit the changes you freaking guy" -Obama, maybe

DOMAIN EXPANSION; TEXT WALL: YAPANESE!!