[Can't remember the name of the admin]Rinse and Repeat- Yes, My Character's Name is Varg Vikernes - So What?

Big_Lucas07

SS14 account: Dude_
Character name: Varg Vikernes
When was the ban: Tuesday - around 20:35 GMT
Server you were playing on when banned: US West (even though I live in the EU the server was void of people)
Your side of the story: Go afk for a few minutes and my brother decided that he'd get back at me (reasons stated in previous appeal that went unseen) and to my surprise, a comms announcement stated by MY CHARACTER stated some absolute batshit about whites being worthless in chat (the tripe he's been consuming on social media) and at the time, it drove me up the wall, because something so petty lead to something deplorable from my point of view.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I am well aware of the repercussions of hate speech (I've been a victim of it myself) and loathe it with a burning hatred, what my brother did was wrong and I will be more considerate so he doesn't lash out as much, but sadly, sometimes I can't help it.

Anything else we should know: My brother is diagnosed with autism, dyslexia (dysgraphia too) and ADHD and doesn't think the same way I do which leads to him getting emotional over the slightest things, the way he acts out are cruel but petty in the grand scheme of things and after all, he is still my brother. I do love Space Station 14 and I'd be devastated to have to let it go permanently for something I, myself, didn't do. Have pity on my brother and hopefully some empathy for my situation.

At the time of the first post I had an aggressive tone, due to the headrush of anger after I was excluded from my favorite game, I will repent and I plead for your forgiveness as that was wrong of me.

NEW STUFF

I don't understand what is so bad concerning my character's name. Yes, I love Burzum's music but it doesn't mean that I condone the atrocities that Varg Vikernes has said and did. I would like a re-evaluation of this ban appeal because - as I have stated before - I don't understand what's so bad about naming myself after a musical artist in a video game. I've always enjoyed Varg's music and Burzum has got to be my favorite band of all time. I don't tilt towards his political views as he is a bit delusional in that regard. But just because I made my character's name the name of a famous (for black metal) musical artist doesn't mean that I hold all of the same beliefs, in fact, I believe we are polar opposites on the political compass. 

The way you are treating me as of current is practically neglect and all for judging a book by it's cover, as my treatment is based on assumptions. You may not believe it but I may in actuality be a Black Non-Binary Homosexual Transwoman behind the monitor or maybe not but I do not believe in Varg's actions, just his fabulous taste in music.

I recommend you check out his Album "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" as it is a great entry point to the Atmospheric Black Metal scene. Your work here is great but you should listen to this entire album before you make assumptions. Here's a YouTube link to the full album before you buy it 

• Project Manager
6 hours ago, Big_Lucas07 said:

I don't understand what is so bad concerning my character's name. Yes, I love Burzum's music but it doesn't mean that I condone the atrocities that Varg Vikernes has said and did.

you already answered this one for yourself. He's done atrocities, is a controversial figure, we dont want people named after him running around our game servers. If you actually believe in what he does or not makes little to no impact in this case.

6 hours ago, Big_Lucas07 said:

The way you are treating me as of current is practically neglect and all for judging a book by it's cover

nah, we are treating you like a man that tried to blame it all on a brother trying to get back at him (how original). Listen to yourself: The title of this appeal is literally "Yes, My Character's Name is Varg Vikernes - So What?". I'd be hardpressed to let you back onto the game servers if you dont understand why we'd have an issue with this.

I do not believe for a second that your brother did jack-shit, and i'm starting to believe you actually genuinly believe the deranged shit varg vikernes spouts, judging from you reassuring you dont a bunch of times while never having been even remotely accused of that. Don't play us for fools

Cheers,
Paul

• moony locked this topic