moony - router

router

SS14 account: router
Byond account: BasedUser
Character name: Dan Delam
When was the ban: 2022/01/12 01:40 - 02:00 UTC
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: The round immediately before the timestamp was a traitor round, with me being a traitor assistant. Me and another assistant decided to break into the Captain's room, to get his stuff (and to get my nuke disk). Me and the Assistant both got AA, the cap's armor, and his spare cards. Fast forward about 40 minutes later, when I decided to go to Medbay. Cap asked me for a blood red hardsuit before, but I told him no, because he couldn't use my uplink if he wanted to. The Cap wasn't exactly robust, or experienced, and apparently he was shittering around the station, so I was told from its staff and the local detective gear sec officer.
Then the captain and shitsec came in. The rest of security was oblivious to the captain being a shitter (which I ahelped to no avail), and killed/cloned the CMO for no specific reason. Finally, one sec officer (sniffer a.k.a. Gunner) just straight up detained me for looking like the cap, then killed me for being a piece of slime (probably RP). Then he takes my items and doesn't give them back to the captain, I get cloned and realise he hadn't taken the c-20r from my real backpack. After killing him, I decide to clone him and detain him for manslaughter before he could charge me for grand theft. I couldn't get my stuff back because the detective carried the guy all the way to medbay, and the secoff had stolen my captain's ID before that. Lastly, he gets cloned, and disarms me with one stun baton throw in the bar during a bit. I juke him and break out, and hear fighting sounds. That secoff was finally stunned, I rage out at his crit body denying me of any chance to speak in the interrogation room under a trial with one word, which happened to be a slur more than an insult and kill him. The round ends due to a shuttle.
TL;DR: a secoff doesn't do what security should have, so I throw an insult at him. It's also a slur.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been doing a decent amount of RP on Wizard's Den so far, and I've been doing that for one and a half months now. Hell, people on the Discord that played with me usually know me as a RP-friendly productive player, or literally Al Capone when I'm an antagonist. The ban's fair, but I still think a word slip after such a messy round shouldn't count as a permanent ban, since I lasted a hundred hours before without the hyperoffensive language.
Anything else we should know: There's discussion about this on the Discord and in OOC around the timestamp.

Edited by router
timing
  • Sad 1

I'll happily vouch for router being an upstanding member of staff in any game I've played with them. Zed Seven taught me the basics when I was just starting out and have had  nothing but positive interactions with them. We often play at opposite times of day, but it would be sad to never see router in another game.

• thistbh 1

• moony locked this topic