admin username: daemon, dogzero, peptide - SS14 account: cheeseromancer

cheeseromancer

SS14 account: cheeseromancer
Character name: Clyde Ashton
When was the ban: literally just now (as of writing, 20:11 2nd January, 2022 British time)
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizard Lizard
Your side of the story: t said gay in OOC, the context was the round was extended and a bunch of people were gonna build a shuttle and I said "gay shuttle" in OOC chat. yesterday (1st January, 2022, somewhere around 3:40)  I was banned for 24 hours for saying gay in OOC chat as well.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the ban (perma, btw) was justified as, I said gay again when admins told me not to say it again, but I really like this game, and I know ill be insanely bored without it. I will never do something like this again.
to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it. It was objectively justified since I did something again that I was warned about before. I wanna come back because I really love this game, and I know I said the same thing before in the previous question ("why you think you should be unbanned" question) but ill say it again, ill be REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLY bored without this game.
Anything else we should know: Only that I will never, ever do anything like this ever again. Thanks for reading.

The decision lies with the badmins but why should we take your word for it that you won't do it again, when I gave you a stern warning for calling someone gay the first time because they killed you, and told you it would be a perma in future.

You then were childish and said it again to antagonise us with "plz don't ban me admins", so already have broken our trust when you told me you wouldn't do it again. Then even after a very short ban you keep doing it.

Simply saying you won't do it again isn't enough. You clearly don't understand and don't care.

And to add, you vented about it as if you had been wrongly banned in OOC and called a staff member aids.

Edited by Peptide

Chief ideaguy

I lean no on this. you were warned multiple times, you then were then temp banned, and yet you persisted, and now are perma banned. there is no place for bigoted hate speech or exhaustive jokes about minorities in Space Station 14. If you cant understand that, you shouldn't be here. some admins/badmins would have perma'd you the first time you did it

Resident Bird Fanatic
Cult of the Many Eyed Birb

image.png.98fbe77cadcabb55baa93e3604af17e7.png

Clown.png.d109ac185717694cbf0e12a75b38b08c.png

ok, i see very much why you guys think it was venting when i said a admin was aids, honestly yeah anyone would see it as that, but the admin i called aids was not any of you (not daemon, peptide or dogzero), i called that admin aids because he seems to reject alot of ban appeals on the forums and it was a joke, and im very sorry if i offended anyone because of that. and about the venting, i also was kinda joking because getting banned for saying gay, i mean, come on, you have to kinda at least a little bit see the comedy in that i got banned for saying gay. i have nothing against gay people, and even if someone was a dick to me, and they happened to be gay, i would dislike that individual, not all gay people, because im not dumb enough to assume all people who are gay are like that. im sorry if i seemed bigoted in any way.

also, (gonna seem like im nitpicking now and being a bit of a dick, but thats not my goal)

11 hours ago, Peptide said:

The decision lies with the badmins but why should we take your word for it that you won't do it again, when I gave you a stern warning for calling someone gay the first time because they killed you, and told you it would be a perma in future.

You then were childish and said it again to antagonise us with "plz don't ban me admins", so already have broken our trust when you told me you wouldn't do it again. Then even after a very short ban you keep doing it.

Simply saying you won't do it again isn't enough. You clearly don't understand and don't care.

And to add, you vented about it as if you had been wrongly banned in OOC and called a staff member aids.

im pretty sure anyone would be kinda scared of getting perma banned from a game they like and may panic and say something like that. sorry if im sounding passive aggressive right now, but im just saying what i think. sorry to annoy you guys. 

7 hours ago, cheeseromancer said:

also, nothing to do with this, but what did the clown put into the bucket, daemon?

the clown put a shit load of water into the bucket and spilled it all over the hallways making everyone slip

Resident Bird Fanatic
Cult of the Many Eyed Birb

image.png.98fbe77cadcabb55baa93e3604af17e7.png

Clown.png.d109ac185717694cbf0e12a75b38b08c.png

13 hours ago, cheeseromancer said:

ok, i see very much why you guys think it was venting when i said a admin was aids, honestly yeah anyone would see it as that, but the admin i called aids was not any of you (not daemon, peptide or dogzero), i called that admin aids because he seems to reject alot of ban appeals on the forums and it was a joke, and im very sorry if i offended anyone because of that. and about the venting, i also was kinda joking because getting banned for saying gay, i mean, come on, you have to kinda at least a little bit see the comedy in that i got banned for saying gay. i have nothing against gay people, and even if someone was a dick to me, and they happened to be gay, i would dislike that individual, not all gay people, because im not dumb enough to assume all people who are gay are like that. im sorry if i seemed bigoted in any way.

Calling the admin aids has no impact on this ban, just icing on the cake as to the bitterness and imaturity.

This ban also isn't really isn't about being a bigot or homophobic or anything like that (in my opinion, as the person who warned then banned you twice). It's that you have no respect for the rules or other people. I let you off with a warning the first time you broke the rules and even said others would have just perma'd you right away. How you can see any comedy in doing it again after being warned is just stupid.

Your rambling explanation now about what you think of gay people does nothing to help you either. If you really cared about playing the game then this is a lesson in not being stupid literally moments after receiving a warning. Personally I would have reduced the ban to a length of time if you showed any remorse or admission of guilt but so far all I see are excuses and justification. Again, leaving this up to the badmins.

• Like 2

Chief ideaguy

20 hours ago, Peptide said:

Calling the admin aids has no impact on this ban, just icing on the cake as to the bitterness and imaturity.

This ban also isn't really isn't about being a bigot or homophobic or anything like that (in my opinion, as the person who warned then banned you twice). It's that you have no respect for the rules or other people. I let you off with a warning the first time you broke the rules and even said others would have just perma'd you right away. How you can see any comedy in doing it again after being warned is just stupid.

Your rambling explanation now about what you think of gay people does nothing to help you either. If you really cared about playing the game then this is a lesson in not being stupid literally moments after receiving a warning. Personally I would have reduced the ban to a length of time if you showed any remorse or admission of guilt but so far all I see are excuses and justification. Again, leaving this up to the badmins.

sorry, I thought it was. that's what the entire thing about rambling about gay people was about. I know now that I look like I am making excuses, and... well yeah, I wont lie, I kind of am. I saw comedy in it because I thought that (as I said before) it was about being bigoted, and I thought it was funny because I said gay in chat multiple times, which I personally think isn't extremely bigoted, as occasionally will call things gay but have no prejudice against the LGBT community, so (just being honest here I know I sound like a asshole saying this) I just thought you were a bit oversensitive, but now that I've been told its primarily about disrespecting admins, I don't see the comedy in it anymore. I didn't feel much remorse or guilt because I thought it was about being bigoted, but now I do. sorry to ramble again. and to annoy you again when you said you were gonna leave this to the badmins.

Edited by cheeseromancer
I typed admins instead of badmins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Daemon locked this topic