Rule 12 may need some further clarification and consistency

Aisu

Question

At least in-game, on Lizard and Salamander (didn't check on the other Wizden servers)
Lizard set of rule specify "station wide damage" but it cover shuttle recall, mass murder (and as expected station structural and distribution damage) before the 30 minutes mark
On Salamander (it's rule 11 on this server, i don't know why), no such specification are maybe, its only "don't be a dick"
But the set of rule on the wiki forbid said activity as a whole with no time condition.
One project Manager even said this rule can be ignored after 45m.

First of all, i would like to know if Station wide damage is part of the gameplay on SS14, or is as stated on the wiki forbidden no matter the case or timer of the round.
Also does this count only for the traitors(syndicates) or also affect Nuclear operatives and Initial infected and any if not all future antags?

dfg.PNG

dghfgh.PNG

Edited by Aisu

8 answers to this question

• Project Manager

MRP in-game rules are in the process of being updated https://github.com/space-wizards/space-station-14/pull/16938

We're just updated the wiki rules.

15 minutes ago, Aisu said:

First of all, i would like to know if Station wide damage is part of the gameplay on SS14, or is as stated on the wiki forbidden no matter the case or timer of the round.
Also does this count only for the traitors(syndicates) or also affect Nuclear operatives and Initial infected and any if not all future antags?

If the wiki update has not answered these questions, feel free to ask them again in a new post.

• Thanks 1

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

• Project Manager

Right now the reason for the massive difference is that salamander hasn't had its rules updated in a while, but there will always be some differences because salamander is MRP while lizard is LRP. I'm not sure how close the salamander rules will end up being after their rewrite is complete, but as an example, MRP will almost definitely continue to have a new life rule while LRP does not.

• Thanks 1

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

Sorry for bringing this back
There might be a missing section under the antagonist specific rules: Zombies (and possibly Cult of Flesh if this one make it out of content freeze)
They aren't supposed to target vital elements of the station like shuttle console and other technologic appliances in the station.
They are only supposed to walk brainlessly toward their prey, and only under this condition they can try to destroy the station's hull

• Project Manager

We won't add any antag specific rules until the antag is added to the game. Many vital elements of the station are protected from attack by zombies through the rule about not needlessly prolonging the round and though their goals. Destroying things like the communications console often creates a situation where the round can't be ended, and destroying many other vital infrastructure impedes zombies' ability to infect the station. This isn't an official answer, I can get one for you if you make another thread asking the question, but I'm not aware of any admins enforcing zombies needing to brainlessly walk towards their prey.