TurboTracker Admin Application

• Game Admin

In-game Username: TurboTracker
Discord username: sad init#7684
Characters you play: Daniel Smithson
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? SS13 around 4 years on and off reaching back to 2015. SS14 around a month or so.

How many hours are you available per day: I am fortunately unemployed and can easily maintain a 4/5 hour playsession.
Days you are available on: All week.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

I was for a time of around 8 months the host and headadmin of an 8chan spacestation13 server named HateStation, while I cannot verify this through screenshots (lost access to byond account I used to staff with and obviously 8chan does not keep archives especially of older versions of the site) I can explain in good detail both the stories of things that happened on the station and its eventual end, If needed to help verify this story.
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? I have never been banned however I have received a security job ban for over escalation.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? 

They serve as moderators ensuring players follow the rules. Admins actively monitor player behavious both inround as adminghosts and through the adminhelp system. They address disputes and take necessary action against distruptive individuals. By doing so, they help create and maintain a safe and welcoming atmosphere for many to enjoy.

In addition to their moderation duties, they can provide on the spot technical support for many common issues that may arise during gameplay. This helps those who may have issues that cannot be posted in the likes of #help due to it being during an ongoing round.

Furthermore, admins serve as storytellers. Using their powers they can affect each shifts storyline in engaging ways that help push away the lull that often happens during shifts as nonantagonists start to complete their shiftly job cycle. Acting as a director of sorts changing what would become a boring shift into more memorable interactive shifts that can truely immerse people into their character and the station itself.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

I have a strong preference towards MRP, this is mostly due to the more "calm" nature of both the players and the playstyle itself. People allow for more time typing, acting, and interacting as a whole.
For the regular players, those who do not metagame/self antag or just plain cause issues. LRP works just fine, it allows them to keep rounds engaging aswell as interact with a larger group of people which often makes shifts much more fun.
Most of the issues with roleplay on the LRP servers comes more from the percieved ambigiuity of rules, for example alert procedure is listed as a MRP ruleset on the wiki? Many people will see blue alert as "green alert but with random searchs" however its not. It is a clear confirmation of a security threat. it is also the CLEAR line between green alerts de-escalation rules of engagement, where should someone be willing, an arrest can be handled without weapons. to the "cuff um boys" attitude of most every security player.
Things like this could be much better defined as many LRP players will simply

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

I hope to use my time and knowledge as a spacestation13 staff member to good use and help maintain the good image of Wizard Den.
And ofcourse right at the end might aswell make the point that on Hatestation I was the most liked "funmin", creating some of the most interesting, fun and downright MAD events and situations.
Also chaplins will love me cause I love answering prayers ;)

• 1 month later...