Lemonblazer#4497 - Banned for sending a “sexy singles” spam fax with ascii art

lemonblazer

lSS14 account username: lemonblazer
Ban reason: 25162 ERP or sexual content in chat
Date of ban: 5/15/2023
Length of ban: Remove via appeal
Events leading to the ban: As a lawyer (already a bad start, but this is not a job ban) I sent a fax to each department office with the following text (Note, this may not be formatted correctly for the reader of the appeal):

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

,_____________________
   |
   |     .-.--.-.
   |  { /_)  (_\ }        SEXY
   | { `}' .   ./ `}.     SINGLES
   |  {`}\_c /{`}       IN YOUR
   |     _J  L_`        AREA!!!
   | ,'     `   ’.  -.\
   |/    /Y  o )  o)    CUM
   /   / \  `-    - } )   TO THE
  (   {   \       / /  /    HOP
   \   \  ;  .    Y /     LINE
   |\  \/         Y        TO
   |  );         \,/ \     LEARN
   |  :          \    |      MORE!
   |   `.       \   |
   |     `.     \  |      HURRY!
   |       `.    \        THESE
   |         )  ).       BABES
   |___  /   /_______
           (    /
           )   /{        WANT
          /  /_`\_     SEX NOW!!!
          (_ \_`"'
             `"'
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reason the ban should be removed: This was an attempt at humor, not ERP or sexual content. Obviously, on second thought, the content is sexual, but in my mind at the time, not sexual in a way that was erotic, only humorous. Like scribbling a dick on a bathroom stall. It was meant to be a parody of spam emails and advertisements. Also, (not to dig myself deeper into a hole here, but one y to be honest) this was not the first time I had sent this fax, and it was received well, as a joke, not as erotic content. Hopefully my intentions are clear, and of course this will not be a fax I will send again, if this is interpreted as sexual content.

Edited by lemonblazer
  • Haha 1

As additional info, on a previous occasion I sent this message, I knew admins were online, because it was a custom AI core event, and then later an alien invasion. People were openly talking about the fax during the AI core event, and joking about it fixing the AI core when we couldn't disarm the nuke. At the time, I thought that confirmed that the fax wasn't deemed sexual, only humorous.

P.S.

I also just wanted to say: Sorry for sounding pedantic. I didn't want to make things worse for myself by sounding too casual, or like I'm trying to twist my words to pretend I didn't do something wrong. I'm just dumb and anxious, and feel bad for breaking the rules doing something I only thought would make people laugh. I hope I can be allowed back. Thanks.

P.P.S.

Do my own replies count as popcorn posts on my own thread? Oh well.

• Project Manager

The admin team has decided to accept this appeal.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:07 AM, lemonblazer said:

As additional info, on a previous occasion I sent this message, I knew admins were online, because it was a custom AI core event, and then later an alien invasion. People were openly talking about the fax during the AI core event, and joking about it fixing the AI core when we couldn't disarm the nuke. At the time, I thought that confirmed that the fax wasn't deemed sexual, only humorous.

Even when online, admins may not always notice all chat. Admins can see all chat messages including whispers, radio chat, and non-radio chat. This makes it very easy for a message to fly past the screen before it can be read. The best way to confirm something is ok is with ahelp, which you're free to use for that purpose. You can also use the Rule Clarifications section of the forums for questions that aren't overly specific and aren't answered by the rules. If you ahelp something in-game, like a question about a rule, you can ask again in the Admin Message section if you don't get a response during the round.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png