How heavy is Heavy RP? (or whatever it is)

twomad

It's not really any different than MRP. I don't really see a point in calling something MRP to be honest, if you're roleplaying, you're roleplaying. I played on Baystation12 for years and it had a reputation for being the most hardcore HRP server on ss13 and never got in trouble.

The people who complain about getting banned from HRP servers 99% of time time are downplaying what got them banned. If you have no intention to roleplay and start doing things that require out of character knowledge, such as making explosive chemicals as an assistant or janitor (and not an antag), don't be surprised when you get banned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Game Admin

The biggest difference I have noticed is "lore".

LRP - spessmen in spess doing spess things.
MRP - NanoTrasen Employees in spess doing spess things
HRP - NanoTrasen Employees in space going their jobs.

While we do not have a real lore currently. alot of players piggieback off the ss13 "common lore" but its not real not confirmed.

3 hours ago, TurboTracker said:

The biggest difference I have noticed is "lore".

LRP - spessmen in spess doing spess things.
MRP - NanoTrasen Employees in spess doing spess things
HRP - NanoTrasen Employees in space going their jobs.

While we do not have a real lore currently. alot of players piggieback off the ss13 "common lore" but its not real not confirmed.

There also seems to be a speed difference in roleplays. HRP is painfully slow, MRP rounds usually last a few hours and on LRP expect the station to be burning down within an hour.

SHADOW CHAPLAIN MONEY GANG

• Game Admin

The movespeed change is honestly more of a time filler.
In LRP and "most" MRP speed isn't much of a factor in the day to day of a shift. You can run or walk somewhere (no shift/shift walking).
In HRP a higher % of "stuff happening" means people also need to take longer to go places. Everyone is having 5 minute ish conversations, barkeep chatting with patrons, sec discussing patrol routes etc etc. Alot more "happens" because its more static.

LRP you can speedrun your way across station in <2 minutes easy.
HRP you can maybe b-line through the public footpaths and it will take say 4?
That and if you do speedrun it interact with noone, you would get a bwoink or at the least an aghost above your head