IDOntWantToERP Admin Application

IdontwanttoERP

In-game Username: IdontwanttoERP
Discord username: IDrinkPiss
Characters you play: Bartender, usually happen to be traitor so i poison drinks, but otherwise i usually chill. Or a chaplain who uses the space in the church to use for a gimmick. Every other time i just play what i get to prevent the station from going to hell too quickly.
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14: On and off since 2014, when Mandalore made his video on SS13.

How many hours are you available per day:  1-3
Days you are available on: Just about every other evening

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: None that i can prove
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before: Nope

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers:
From how you set it up. They are just enforcers of rules, letting the game play out on its own. No qualms about it, but i feel like Admins could be more proactive in setting up different events for the server. Making individual rounds way more memorable.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server: Virtually non-existent. What i really liked about SS13 is that it lets you roleplay a character quite like nothing else in the industry. Its systems were deep enough that every item had an actual use along with roleplay purposes. And its many systems allowed for a lot of interconnection and roleplay opportunities within a round. This isnt the case in this game. With lesser depth, there are less options, and as such, many people just default to self antagging out of boredom. We need to do more to encourage co-operation.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14: I want to contribute to the community even a little bit. If not with coding, then by encouraging RP on the servers and guiding new players. 

Attached pic is proof of hours spent.

Screenshot from 2021-12-23 09-01-06.png

After reading through some other applications, i realized i misinterpreted question 1/3 of the essay questions. I thought it was about how the admins are set up currently.

I think that an admin is there to ensure the players have fun with the game, whether it be by preventing RDMing and ensuring they have the intended experience, or the opposite route where the entire server metagames mechanics to discover something new. It´s just about facilitating a satisfactory time through a good judgement rather than just giving players the sandbox by itself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, IdontwanttoERP said:

After reading through some other applications, i realized i misinterpreted question 1/3 of the essay questions. I thought it was about how the admins are set up currently.

I think that an admin is there to ensure the players have fun with the game, whether it be by preventing RDMing and ensuring they have the intended experience, or the opposite route where the entire server metagames mechanics to discover something new. It´s just about facilitating a satisfactory time through a good judgement rather than just giving players the sandbox by itself.

In regards to "Prior admininstration experience" you said "None that I can prove", regardless of proving it, have you been an admin in SS13 in the past or for any other games or groups not SS13 related?

Chief ideaguy

• Paul locked this topic