romanozvj

romanozvj

In-game Username: romanozvj
Discord username: nanashi
Characters you play: Jimmy Potter
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? SS14 for a week or so, got a Steam notification that I can test it. SS13 for about 7 years on and off, probably a thousand or two thousand hours. 

How many hours are you available per day: During work hours 08-16 CET I'm mostly available (can chat, respond to ahelps, etc.), after work hours about 2-3 hours more on average, sometimes more, sometimes none.
Days you are available on: Every day, with exceptions.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: No SS13 administration experience whatsoever. Admined the Haven and Hearth Discord server with a few thousand people for a few years. No longer an admin there as I don't play the game anymore but the screenshots are from having posted announcements in the admin announcements channel. Don't know how to prove the amount of members in the server but there's a screenshot of 804 of them online.

image.png.e8df60dccb13b8ff38d184072a3268e6.pngimage.thumb.png.e8806d1ec324419eef7fd8213e49cc29.png

image.png.488242e58595472847c6bc8ce4a4b918.png image.png.61595255f0ae499fdae37f43738a5f63.png

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? Yep, first server I joined I didn't read the rules and I RDMed someone, got bwoinked, told the admin I didn't read the rules and got banned for a day. Didn't play the game for about a year after that. After I returned, I carefully read the rules of every server I played, as the game is too good to ruin it for myself and others by breaking the rules.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? I think the role of the game admins is to act as a lubricant for everyone having a good time. Stuff like RDMing, hate speech, etc. etc. ruins people's day way beyond the expected frustrations of playing a game like this. The admins can guide people into not breaking the rules, and help out when someone has questions.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? I'm only playing on EU West servers but from what I've seen people are very often blatantly ignoring rules like self antagging and IC in OOC, and considering the low population this ruins the round more so than usually.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? Initially I just wanted to play, as SS14 seems very promising. The only two things, from what I can see, that are stopping it from replacing SS13 are the content not being entirely ported and people not really taking the rules seriously. As I'm a sysadmin and not a programmer, I can't help with the implementation of content, but as I work from home and spend almost my whole day on the computer with discord on all the time, I feel like I might be able to help with the other problem. I've never been an SS13 or SS14 admin though so I would need some guidance in the beginning though. Thanks for taking the time to read the application.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Project Manager

Hi,
sorry for the late response, kinda swamped lately. I'd like to see you be active within the community for a bit longer before making you trial admin.

Cheers,
Paul

Cheers,
Paul

• Paul locked this topic