Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread (QTDDTOT)

lonesoldier55

so this is more of a rules question but is perma a guy that was not antag in anyway for destroying the entire station fine honsetly because perma was broken we just killed him and he apprrently said it was angest the rules to kill a non antag 
second question:

is meta comming in sandbox really breaking the rules ? i did that in miros when no one was on to teach my friend

All executions must be approved by the captain or acting captain.

It doesn't matter if the person has antag status, that's OOC knowledge. IC, has the person commited a crime severe enough to warrant an execution? Then ask your captain.

Also worth noting that, if that person really wasn't an antag, and was commiting such crimes, that sounds like self-antag.

And don't worry about metacomms in sandbox.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jacksepticeye said:

throwing

like fr though i need to know what i should add first besides object interaction

"Git infuriates me bro just let me commit the changes you freaking guy" -Obama, maybe

SOUP CORDS

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 5:12 AM, FedorFriendson said:

How much power does a processor need and how much memory does a video card need to run ss14?

My motherboard and processor are low-end, but just a few years old. 3.5 GB of RAM. I don't have a dedicated graphics card.

I can run the game mostly fine. Most of the hiccups I see seem to be due to space lag, which affects everyone. But SS14 does occasionally cause my processor to overheat and freeze. The only other time I got that problem was when watching a VR video.

I also noticed the other day that the launcher was taking up 200 MB of RAM. That is WILD!

I am mostly unable to watch replays. Maybe if it's from a short lowpop round, otherwise it won't load.

Anyway, there's no harm in giving it a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I enjoy playing blind a lot, even though it can get very tiresome. To be fair, I liked it better when I was playing on Park Station. They separate the ultra-limited reach from the black and white, and I used to play with the first one only, much more enjoyable.

If you think being blind is too much, you can be short-sighted on Park. You see almost perfectly, as long as you're wearing your glasses. But then if you slip and fall, your glasses might fall off, and your sight is reduced (though not as bad as being blind).

Gotta pay them a visit one of these days...

On 10/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, Del said:

My motherboard and processor are low-end, but just a few years old. 3.5 GB of RAM. I don't have a dedicated graphics card.

I can run the game mostly fine. Most of the hiccups I see seem to be due to space lag, which affects everyone. But SS14 does occasionally cause my processor to overheat and freeze. The only other time I got that problem was when watching a VR video.

I also noticed the other day that the launcher was taking up 200 MB of RAM. That is WILD!

I am mostly unable to watch replays. Maybe if it's from a short lowpop round, otherwise it won't load.

Anyway, there's no harm in giving it a try.

If you're still reading this.

I always set lightning and parrallax quality to low, but recently I've been using the "low resolution viewport" option, and I'm almost positive it has made a difference. It seems to heat my CPU less, and lockups have become much rarer.

(It's hard to be scientific about it, but it's pretty fucking hot again, and I only got one CPU lockup, when I left the door closed, no airflow)

1 hour ago, Bundle said:

Does anyone know what the current recipes are for the medicated suture and the regenerative mesh?

Full stack of ointment

Piece of Aloe

50u of dermaline.

50u of sigynate

and finally… One cloth.

Microwave them all for 10 seconds at the same time and boom, you got mesh!

Full stack of brute packs.

Poppy…

One cloth.

and 50u of spacylin(however you spell it lmao)

Again, microwave them all at the same time for 10 seconds and now you have sutures.

(Just head to 3:03 if you’re confused on whatever I said.)

• Thanks 1

sf6-boom-divorced-luke.gif.04108e7962fc0402b726ac2ab7f64bc6.gif

literally a Luke and Kimberly main cuz modern controls