Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread (QTDDTOT)

lonesoldier55

Do you have a random gameplay question? Need an idle wonder answered? Don't want to ask in the discord?

I am centralizing this thread for minor one-off questions that anyone can jump in on instead of scattering them among a bunch of different topics. Minor questions about gameplay mechanics can be dropped here (of course this won't stop you from making your own thread if you want). 

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, lonesoldier55 said:

how is it you post in this thread knowing its purpose but you continue to make threads with one-line-answer questions

That’s an good question.

That’s a really, reallly good question. Guess ill never know ):

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark

I like to collect data from that website in a way that makes sense for me to rank servers (I like numbers, sue me). Centipede had a peak of 9 players ~3 weeks ago. But it usually peaks at 2~5 players every week. So, probably just sandbox.

It's a tough spot, geographically, but I imagine it doesn't suck too much for Aussies to play on US West servers.

2 hours ago, Del said:

I like to collect data from that website in a way that makes sense for me to rank servers (I like numbers, sue me). Centipede had a peak of 9 players ~3 weeks ago. But it usually peaks at 2~5 players every week. So, probably just sandbox.

It's a tough spot, geographically, but I imagine it doesn't suck too much for Aussies to play on US West servers.

Aussies as in like people who literally play in Australia on US-W?

The delay would have to be insane.

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark

9 hours ago, PlushFox328 said:

Aussies as in like people who literally play in Australia on US-W?

The delay would have to be insane.

delay isn't that bad imo, i play from south east asia (pretty much the same ping as an aussie) and most of the game is predicted. only stuff i have problem with is combat in general and other stuff

image.png.a14d8ba12e1969ac6516dd6acefa5116.pngmedismall.png.f5ea95d13a299e112622014fc4ab94e7.png 

YO WE HAVE ASIANS I THOUGHT WE DIDN'T HAVE ASIANS. You could totally make Centipede happen!

Huh. Now I looked it up.

https://wondernetwork.com/pings/

There's slightly less latency between Sydney and LA than between São Paulo and LA. My experience playing on Lizard will be similar to that of an Aussie/SE Asian. And I have played on Miros (even higher latency) and on Pirata (negligible latency). Never noticed much difference. Maybe I just haven't had enough combat experiences on all those servers. But maybe the game really does handle lag well.

(we have officially derailed the QTDDTOT)

• 2 weeks later...