If there is no Captain and I am HOP, can I become Captain?

twomad

What Allan said.

Plus, if you're asking about Wizard's Den in particular, there's a part of the forum dedicated to rules questions:

https://forum.spacestation14.io/index.php?/forum/20-rule-clarifications/

On WD Salamander, as an MRP server, you are expected to follow Standard Operating Procedures, which state that yes, HoP is first in the line of succession.

https://wiki.spacestation14.io/wiki/Standard_Operating_Procedure

I'm pretty sure that's a good policy on LRP servers as well, but you might want to talk to the other heads anyway.

What isn't stated clearly there, but I think is common sense, is that, once a Captain joins, the acting Captain should step down (if the chaos allows it, at that point...)

To unofficially answer this personally I would consult this with any other present heads of staff and come to an agreement on who the Captain is. As far as I am aware the Heads of Staff do not follow any explicit succession order if the Captain is gone, so any head of staff can fill in. Again you should discuss it with any remaining heads if practical. MRP also has specific rules on passing Captainship.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lonesoldier55 said:

To unofficially answer this personally I would consult this with any other present heads of staff and come to an agreement on who the Captain is. As far as I am aware the Heads of Staff do not follow any explicit succession order if the Captain is gone, so any head of staff can fill in. Again you should discuss it with any remaining heads if practical. MRP also has specific rules on passing Captainship.

Thanks for another answer.

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark