Argie - banned for coup against cap as hos.

argie

SS14 account username: argie
Ban reason: coup against captain as HoS.
Date of ban: [Date of ban]
Length of ban:  yesterday late night. t
Events leading to the ban: I and the warden of the time tried to coup the captain after a pretext that he tried to get the RD demoted. We cuffed him and tried to bring the cap to the bridge so me(the hos ) and the other heads decide on what to do with him. before that can happen i got killed by the cap after a mime broke his cuffs. That is where my round ended.
Reason the ban should be removed: in Hindsight it was not the best way to handle the round. I have a good record of being HoS with a lot of rounds and most of my time spend doing a good job at it. I did do ill on this occasion but it was due to a lot of factors that lead to it which are rarely combined together. Admins gave polls about a lot of joke rounds which led to a lot of odd stuff like a portal to hell as an example ecs causing the whole mood to be trollish in the server in general. The captain was a clown who trolled and was super hard to deal with(he didn't carry the nuke disc with him for example and other stuff he did ). And a general rumor that he was going to demote RD which might have been false. (it can be seen on the logs I talked about it with the Head of cargo at the time )I generally act better at bad situations like this tho I did say at the warden at around the start when I noticed that our cap was actively trolling that we were going to coup him and i said it in a fun way so i could convince him. It is also to of note the way i did the coup rather than killing the cap i tried to bring the cap at the bridge so the rest of the heads can decide on what to do at which time a clown uncuffed him and then the cap started shooting me and the warden .I mention this to note that i did it not for a trollish reason but for a practical one and also to show that i respect the general procedure of the station(this can be confirmed by looking at the round loggs too).Though I don't support the action unless done in extreme circumstances. like I said before i do think i was in the wrong in this case and i would accept any day/bans or long-term bans as see fit. though i don't think that a perma ban or a role ban is fit since i do my job quite well and am quite effective at it. the point of the game is for people to have fun and follow the rules and the most important pillar of that is a good sec force.

3 hours ago, argie said:

.I mention this to note that i did it not for a trollish reason but for a practical one and also to show that i respect the general procedure of the station(this can be confirmed by looking at the round loggs too).

The only thing looking at the logs confirmed was that you had this plan set in motion not even a minute into the round. I am most curious as to why you feel the need to blatantly lie in your appeal about the circumstances of you wanting to coup in addition to being extremely vague on the supposed offenses the captain committed (this is likely because you made them up as you evidently were already going to overthrow him regardless of his behavior).

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief_Engineer said:

Would you like to attempt to address what appears to be a significant discrepancy between what is shown by the logs and what you've said in your appeal?

the logs of what I said can be also found. regardless though I will abide by whatever the decision on my punishment is.

• Project Manager

The claim in your appeal seems to be that you were motivated to attempt to coup the captain by things that the captain did during the round. The logs that were posted above seem to indicate that you had planned to coup the captain from the very start of the round.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png