When can I craft weapons or have weapons for self defense where it won't count a powergaming?

twomad
Message added by Chief_Engineer,

Even when based on past experiences, rule advice from players can be unreliable and cannot be cited in ban appeals or ahelps. The most reliable sources for rule information are the in-game rules, detailed rules, and Rule Clarifications section.

I'm not an Admin, but I think you can craft one if your character is feeling in danger.

Making a weapon one in den beginning of the shift and run around with a spear or bat in the hand is just an aweful idea, if i would play Sec. i would definitely take it from you.

If there is no known threat or "just in case" is wrong, since your character is not in danger at all.

If blue or red alert happens, like confirmed spiders, Rev., Syndis, Nukies... etc. or your character saw that there is a lot of chaos on the shift, or even saw a murder, I would definitely craft one or try to talk to Sec to get me at least a stun baton.

I think it's:
If your only reason to have a spear or something is "just in case" you doing it wrong.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zaihra said:

I'm not an Admin, but I think you can craft one if your character is feeling in danger.

Making a weapon one in den beginning of the shift and run around with a spear or bat in the hand is just an aweful idea, if i would play Sec. i would definitely take it from you.

If there is no known threat or "just in case" is wrong, since your character is not in danger at all.

If blue or red alert happens, like confirmed spiders, Rev., Syndis, Nukies... etc. or your character saw that there is a lot of chaos on the shift, or even saw a murder, I would definitely craft one or try to talk to Sec to get me at least a stun baton.

I think it's:
If your only reason to have a spear or something is "just in case" you doing it wrong.

Thanks for answering then. Sucks that "just in case" doesn't work. I'd have to actually make it when there's a red alert or blue. 

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 9:15 PM, Zaihra said:

Making a weapon one in den bginning of the shift and run around with a spear or bat in the hand is just an aweful idea, if i would play Sec. i would definitely take it from you.

This and if your character is in/feels they are in danger they still shouldn't generally brandish that weapon.

Edited by chuffin

--Bad at sec --Chemist Grind --Cargo Noob

John Newt

Manny De La Mancha

Autarco Perez