How did this person survive a bunch of shots?

twomad

I was in the Lizards Den server and while dead we all were spectating a person named Sosa.

They were a Nukie (I guess) who somehow lived even though they were shot multiple times. They probably used loads of emergency pens and the armor protected them enough but still is that possible?

image_2023-04-23_164511607.png

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark

• Game Admin

The nukie armor is very pierce protective, being as good or better then the captain's carapace (50% damage reduction to everything except 40% on pierce). The addition of stims, a injectable item that increases movement speed, reduced stun time, and provides minor healing, makes them surviving lots of bullets very viable. Plus its Sosa. They are in their own league of robust.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.9d73c97e29d1ab92e3bbbd235daf6713.png

10 minutes ago, AjexRose said:

The nukie armor is very pierce protective, being as good or better then the captain's carapace (50% damage reduction to everything except 40% on pierce). The addition of stims, a injectable item that increases movement speed, reduced stun time, and provides minor healing, makes them surviving lots of bullets very viable. Plus its Sosa. They are in their own league of robust.

Oh, okay.

Also how do I pop off like Sosa? What would I need to learn? Sosa literally decimated an entire crew who couldn't even fend off one guy (I can kind of see why) but still.

image.png.a0dd3ee9e374fae105807d6ac1aee887.png

its the guy whos gonna ban hitler question mark

Majority of what lets someone win against all odds are the following two very important things:

• The element of surprise/ambush
  • Being able to escape for a breather and to reorganize/heal after an engagement

These two things will let virtually anyone who is properly equipped and fast enough to win most engagements they go up against. An ambush prevents people from retaliating effectively, and if the situation goes poorly, being able to escape to heal and reorganize yourself gets you back to full fighting strength. With something like stims you can keep the pressure up against opponents even if they put up a fight.

On the opposite side, defeating someone like this means preparations to mitigate whatever advantages they have from the ambush, setting an ambush yourself, and keeping up the pressure on them if they try to break contact. Since they're very hard to beat at full fighting strength you have to take advantage of when they're not.

• Thanks 1