game banned

HarambeNyanCat65

SS14 account username: HarambeNyanCat65
Ban reason: RDM
Date of ban: not sure, just logged in after a week
Length of ban: gotta appeal from what I've read
Events leading to the ban: So, I wanted to RP a bit as a cannibal, so a friend and I decided to lure people into the cooking area (including a bar tenders body guard) into a part of the cooking area and used him as food to feed people. Not sure if there were people who were killed, but I only remember there being 2 people at least
Reason the ban should be removed: Since it was mostly roleplay, I didn't think that killing people that were going along with what we were doing was gonna be a bad thing. We all had fun and laughed about it in the end, but I would rather have a one hour ban than having a ban that I must appeal for. I'll try being more careful and considerate about your rules next time. Thanks  

For clarity, your ban was applied due to behavior not more than two days ago, not a week ago. We have explicit rules against:

• Killing random players with little/no provocation, even if it is "roleplay"
  • Playing with your friends to the degree you are unfairly favoring your friends in-game over other crew members

This game is not a free-for-all and you were subjected to the rules for at least 45 seconds the first time you connected.

4 hours ago, lonesoldier55 said:

For clarity, your ban was applied due to behavior not more than two days ago, not a week ago. We have explicit rules against:

• Killing random players with little/no provocation, even if it is "roleplay"
  • Playing with your friends to the degree you are unfairly favoring your friends in-game over other crew members

This game is not a free-for-all and you were subjected to the rules for at least 45 seconds the first time you connected.

Understandable, but a permanent ban is a bit harsh. I am fairly new to the game and didn't take the time to be considerate towards other players playing the game since most of the game is very in depth and is worth being experimental with it, even if it doesn't seem that for you. I understand that you must "read da rules", but a perma ban towards behaviors you don't agree with, including play styles, shouldn't be the go to. Other games like GMOD dark rp go through people who RDM and have questionable behavior's 24/7, and yet those people get a warning or a temporary ban at the least. You make it seem like I was killing EVERYONE on the board with this decision when that's not the case. If you want to rule this game with an iron fist and want it to be 100% perfect then so be it, I'm not gonna tell you how to handle your "job", but I still recommend giving warnings and temporary bans since those people could be new to the game like I am. If you don't want to appeal the ban then that's whatever, not every game is meant to be played with forever. Have a good day :) 

The primary reason this was an appeal ban was our inability to contact you at the time of offense (you had already done your damage, gotten arrested IC, and left the game). This is standard procedure.

40 minutes ago, HarambeNyanCat65 said:

but a perma ban towards behaviors you don't agree with, including play styles, shouldn't be the go to

"Killing random people" is not a "play style". It is disruptive and is against the rules. I would not hold your standards of administrative action to GMod Dark RP servers.

17 hours ago, lonesoldier55 said:

The primary reason this was an appeal ban was our inability to contact you at the time of offense (you had already done your damage, gotten arrested IC, and left the game). This is standard procedure.

"Killing random people" is not a "play style". It is disruptive and is against the rules. I would not hold your standards of administrative action to GMod Dark RP servers.

I left the game after killing myself in the cell and being a mouse for 15 minutes and then getting bored. When you say "Killing random people", again, you make it seem like I am killing every single person on the ship. It was 2 people compared to the 80 other people on board. You are just reading a script and you clearly don't care to take in what I am trying to communicate with you, it's still "yeah well you still killed someone". Why do you need to contact someone after pulling off something so small and insignificant? You guys are taking your rules way too seriously, and there's nothing wrong with enforcing rules, but what's the point of playing a video game with a bunch of coding and mechanics with sparkled in RP, if you guys are gonna take the game super seriously? I'm sorry that I wasted your time including mine, I'm clearly not getting anywhere with you and you're just going to reply to me as if you're a automated bot with a passive aggressive behavior.

be the authoritative power and tell me, the player, whos put in the time to make forum posts here am I banned or unbanned what are your terms. Stop wasting my time with excuses and replies that don't move the conversation forward.
what's the point in having a ban appeal if you're just gonna say "yeah well you should've read the rules bleeehhh". At least be a little more professional than the darkRP admins and that's the bare minimum. I do not care if I'm gonna stay banned at this point, I am just appalled by this shitty service.

• Game Admin

Your appeal is denied.

Roleplaying a murderer is not conductive to the game. You are playing with other players who probably are not laughing along with you that they got stabbed to death by the chef unprovoked. You only managed to kill two people before you were stopped by other players, the other 78 players are irrelevant if you are still breaking the rules.

You may reappeal on or after the the date of April 21 2023.