Mortifear - Cargonia during 23556

Mortifear

SS14 account username: [Mortifear]
Ban reason: [Cargonia during 23556]
Date of ban: [4/16/2023]
Length of ban: [Appeal]
Events leading to the ban: [QM said cargonia was approved by the gods (F1) and we went about our shift. We didn't even order the guns until very late into the round, the guns arrived as the evac shuttle docked. We didnt even declare it until we had left the station in our own shuttle, so by that extension we didnt fire a single shot.]
Reason the ban should be removed: [QM told us that he had cleared it via F1, I was just going along with it based off that.]

I would like to reiterate that we took 0 action against the station the entire round, we literally ordered guns on our way off the station. It feels like the entire cargo shift got banned after someone ctrl+Fd the logs because anyone on that shift would tell you cargo never really did anything. Regardless, nothing cargonia related will happen again from any of my chars, my appologies.

Edited by Mortifear

• Project Manager
1 hour ago, Mortifear said:

Yea, I mentioned it. I thought it would be fun. Is simply saying the phrase a bannable offence?

From what I can tell, your mentions of cargonia were the very first mentions of it that round. You appear to be the one who introduced the idea of cargonia into the round and therefore, arguably, bear a significant responsibility for it having occurred.

I took no actions against the station for 99% of the round

I would like to reiterate that we took 0 action against the station the entire round

Throughout the round, you appear to be working towards cargonia, which is an action against the station.
image.png.2a1d877b96efa08f568c9c2f9bb5857b.png

image.png.f1028c45fe863799e0162eb2ef5a95b6.png

image.png.449a6e413ab5d7ad13202b349526ad99.png

image.thumb.png.b1d1f6b686f7616e2ae23423e3ca2eeb.png

image.thumb.png.1f5246c9f0cf341277437495e4d836b8.png

image.png.6ddcff9ef110d0e4159028d83a4b7662.png

image.png.17231d4a80b9db45706097c336cb2834.png

image.png.1ab0e152a8e7a338e35f207582b878ac.png

QM even said the admins were cool with it.

Despite multiple reports of people saying people claiming cargonia was happening and that the people forming it claimed to have admin approval, the only instance I am able to find of anyone saying or implying that admins approved of cargonia is you talking to the research director. What did the QM say that led you to believe that the admins approved cargonia?

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

27 minutes ago, Chief_Engineer said:

Despite multiple reports of people saying people claiming cargonia was happening and that the people forming it claimed to have admin approval, the only instance I am able to find of anyone saying or implying that admins approved of cargonia is you talking to the research director. What did the QM say that led you to believe that the admins approved cargonia?

this isnt my post but i was QM. same round i presume. i think beeps says in LOOC "dont we need admin approval?" and i sent a quick (albeit incorrect) text to admins and responded to beeps in LOOC "just messaged" 

I am saying we took 0 actions against the station, we were merely talking about it. The logs do not show the full context no matter how many times my speech is screenshotted over and over again. All of my messages include the words "soon" or questioning when we declare independence.

I do not remember exactly what the line was but something in arose in LOOC that led me to believe we had been greenlit. There is no way I could've known that it wasn't admin approved since a command role told me that it was. QM was all for Cargonia and so was everyone else so I thought it was implied that someone got permission seeing as a command role was willingly leading us on and ok with the idea.

It is clear I have no hope of winning the appeal if there was no actual admin in the round and only screenshots of my texts get shown again and again.

I am not trying to be argumentative or rude, and I am sorry if I am coming off that way, but one can see it is frustrating when there seems to not have been an admin in the round to observe that we took no physical action against the station.

I am sorry for breaking the rules, Cargonia will not even be mentioned by any of my characters in the future. I will gladly take a role ban from cargo since Cargonia falls under section 6 in the full list of server rules titled:"THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU JOB BANNED FROM SPECIFIC ROLES OR DEPARTMENTS

• Project Manager
22 minutes ago, Mortifear said:

The logs do not show the full context no matter how many times my speech is screenshotted over and over again.

While logs cannot always show full context, your only claim in response to them seems to be that you took no action against the station, simply talked about cargonia. As I've said, you appear to be the one who introduced the idea of cargonia during the round. You follow this by saying various things that indicate you are doing things during the round to further the goal of forming cargonia. I'm not aware of any logs from the round that indicate you didn't fully intend to form cargonia. Your multiple messages asking at what point things related to cargonia will be done indicate that you were eager to start it.

28 minutes ago, Mortifear said:

All of my messages include the words "soon" or questioning when we declare independence.

Your early messages are you saying that you will strike when you are rich, and, when you seem to either realize you're running out of time or have enough money, you order a bunch of weapons before the end of the round:

image.png.22af1459daf7eeda594493ef7f58c1ba.png

The fact that you fully intended to form cargonia is also supported by this chat message from you at the end of the round

image.png.e755f1fb9bc7a8bcd65c423852ad7ef3.png

37 minutes ago, Mortifear said:

There is no way I could've known that it wasn't admin approved since a command role told me that it was.

You are allowed to ahelp to say the QM is talking about starting cargonia and ask if it was approved by the admins, others did.

41 minutes ago, Mortifear said:

QM was all for Cargonia and so was everyone else so I thought it was implied that someone got permission seeing as a command role was willingly leading us on and ok with the idea.

Many people appear to have been all for cargonia from the very start of the round, including yourself. I'd highly recommend you not assume that people being in support of something indicates it was approved by admins because you personally appear to have been all for cargonia before anyone else brought up the idea.

46 minutes ago, Mortifear said:

I will gladly take a role ban from cargo since Cargonia falls under section 6 in the full list of server rules titled:"THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU JOB BANNED FROM SPECIFIC ROLES OR DEPARTMENTS"

The admin team will likely consider the full spectrum of available options, from keeping the ban in place to lifting it entirely, to determine which is most appropriate. In case you missed it, cargonia is also explicitly mentioned under "CHARACTER NAMES & GENERAL IN GAME RULES"

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

I am going to save everyone some time by using the same message on each of these appeals:

Do not make cargonia. Do not joke about making cargonia. Do not pretend you are making cargonia. Cargonia is vast majority of the time utilized as an excuse to antagonize other players for not being in cargo and is extremely annoying to deal with administratively and in-character. It is explicitly against the rules for a reason. Just because you didn't go out of your way to murder anyone you saw as cargo does not change the fact you pretended to and made steps towards trying to separate from the station. Unless you get specific, unequivocal administrator permission to do so (you rarely if ever will), you will get punished for starting or joking about starting cargonia.

We will accept these appeals with a note on your accounts indicating the next cargonia/nations related incident will be met harshly.