KingOrange - A possible false ban?

KingOrange

KingOrange - "Instigated a fight with lethal weapon, resulting in a death. Couldn't contact you for information."

This is a game ban.
SS14 account username: KingOrange
Ban reason: "Instigated a fight with lethal weapon, resulting in a death. Couldn't contact you for information. Please explain at forums.ss14.io"
Date of ban: 12th April
Length of ban: Appeal only

Events leading to the ban: I am honestly not sure what happened. As far as i remember, the last shift i've participated in was on Kettle station. I was really confused after i saw the ban reason, but i remember something. 
So, CE and a few engineers have built a rage cage near the bridge. A little later i wanted to fight inside. My opponent was a botanist with a hatchet. After the battle has started he have rushed towards me. I've slipped him on soap and threw him on the glass table. A few seconds after this, the botanist has walked in/attacked a powered grille. I thought this was a good chance to win the fight, so i've started hitting him with his hatchet. 
After a few seconds, i've examined the botanist and realised that he died. I dragged him out of the rage cage. I dont really remember the rest of the situation, but i think a medical doctor started dragging him to med.
I've been carefully checking #server-lizard-uws channel to make sure which was the last round i've played. And the result says this one is.
Again, i was really confused about the ban reason as i didn't intentionally kill anybody that round, so i am not sure if this is the reason of my ban.

Reason the ban should be removed: I have a few things to write.
You may also call this an explanation, since the admin who tried to ahelp me couldn't do so, because i left the game. (Before the ahelp)
1. This was an incident in a rage cage, a place meant for fighting. It was designed for deadly fights. It had glass tables, powered grilles. Although fights in rage cage shouldn't be lethal, this was an accident. I didn't want to execute a player.
2. The person i was fighting touched a powered grille. I couldn't know if its LV-powered or not, so i've attacked my enemy to make sure i win. The botanist was running fast enough, which meant that he had some health left. 
3. I couldn't really determine if my enemy was in crit, as they were stunned by the grille.
My enemy wasnt even gasping, which makes it even harder to see if the person you're fighting is in crit.
4. We're all humans, we make mistakes. I was concentrated on a fight, as well as my enemy. We both tried to win the fight in a rage cage, which could've end up like this.
Again, i was concentrated, and could've accidently kill a person, which i didn't want to do. We aren't robots, mistakes happens.
Anything else: Please tell me if this is the reason for my ban or no, i am really confused about it.

• Game Admin

Okay so, I got an ahelp from Hoid Rustman, who was originally complaining about the rage cage being bothersome in the bar, to which you hit them with a crowbar, saying "We like it". You then continue to hit him two more times to where he has to defend himself, resulting in his death.

You instigated this fight with a lethal weapon, why? It resulted in the death of the player, unrelated to the rage cage.

Oh, I will explain that moment then.
That was a different round, where a few people brought containment field to the bar, not sure if it was a rage cage.
After i came in and saw it for the first time, some people were playing with the field and having fun. I've joined them.
Most of people were ignoring the field or liked it.
A little later Hoid arrived. I don't remember what he was talking about, but at the end he've tried to destroy the field. As many people had fun with it, i tried to stop him.
I don't know how many people hated the field, but most of them seemed to be calm about it.
I don't know if bartenders were complaining about it, but they've seemed to be calm about it aswell. 
There also was some space to drink at, although field might be annoying to some people, i am not sure if destroying the barrier is the best idea. I've tried to tell Hoid that many people loved it, some of them (Including me) were playing with the field, it was honestly pretty fun. So yeah, i've tried to stop him. After some time we've started fighting, but i got critted. I didn't kill anyone, not sure how did somebody die. After the fight i didn't really care about Hoid and the fight, as everything has calmed down. I honestly don't know how it resulted in a death, but i dont remember killing anyone at all. Like, i got critted the first.

i was making cheese just below the cage that round, the guy that built it asked if i minded i said no, they hauled in all the fields and what not.
a bit before leaving i think a bartender asked me for a knife to break the emitters since they were locked, so someone mustve been unhappy with it

• Game Admin
2 minutes ago, deltanedas said:

i was making cheese just below the cage that round, the guy that built it asked if i minded i said no, they hauled in all the fields and what not.
a bit before leaving i think a bartender asked me for a knife to break the emitters since they were locked, so someone mustve been unhappy with it

That was them yes

• Game Admin
27 minutes ago, KingOrange said:

Oh, I will explain that moment then.
That was a different round, where a few people brought containment field to the bar, not sure if it was a rage cage.
After i came in and saw it for the first time, some people were playing with the field and having fun. I've joined them.
Most of people were ignoring the field or liked it.
A little later Hoid arrived. I don't remember what he was talking about, but at the end he've tried to destroy the field. As many people had fun with it, i tried to stop him.
I don't know how many people hated the field, but most of them seemed to be calm about it.
I don't know if bartenders were complaining about it, but they've seemed to be calm about it aswell. 
There also was some space to drink at, although field might be annoying to some people, i am not sure if destroying the barrier is the best idea. I've tried to tell Hoid that many people loved it, some of them (Including me) were playing with the field, it was honestly pretty fun. So yeah, i've tried to stop him. After some time we've started fighting, but i got critted. I didn't kill anyone, not sure how did somebody die. After the fight i didn't really care about Hoid and the fight, as everything has calmed down. I honestly don't know how it resulted in a death, but i dont remember killing anyone at all. Like, i got critted the first.

So after a long log dive, they hadn't actually touched the emitters yet besides turning them off. Although they did threaten to destroy it. You weren't crit or anything stopping you from taking their body to medical but someone else had.

I'll remove the ban, but please look into escalation rules, the injuries caused by you using a weapon resulted in death, in a scenario where they hadn't done anything yet. I believe any time you would've spent banned for this if you were has already passed.

Edited by Whisper