Admin Application: luckyshot

• Game Admin

In-game Username: 
luckyshotpictures

Discord username: 
KT#4444

Characters you play: 
May Albright, Eliott Fea, Tul-Tul, Walks-The-Graves

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? 
Since October 2022, according to Steam about 650 hours at the time of the application. However, I guess about 50-100 are purely in the launcher when I have forgotten to close it.

How many hours are you available per day: 
Between two and eight hours, depending on the day and situation at work.

Days you are available on: 
Monday - Saturday, unless something comes up.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:
At Origin Gaming, I worked as an EMS & Fire Advisor, Police, Support, and Admin for about nine months. My job duties included responding to player inquiries, enforcing server rules, assisting with server events, and resolving any issues that arose. I also served as the Director at Reliance Roleplay, where I helped manage the server, resolved player conflicts, and ensured that all players had a fun and fair experience.
Aside from GTA 5, I am also moderating the Discord and translating news posts for the German Discord Server of the Browsergame Horse Reality. While my experience has mainly been in the gaming world, I believe my skills and experience will translate well to an administration role at Space Station 14.
I am able to provide contact information for individuals at Origin Gaming, as well as invite links to any other relevant Discord servers if needed.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?
Only voluntarily on christmas and sylvester.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.
What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
I think the role of game admins on your servers is to ensure that the gaming environment is safe, fun, and fair for all players. They are responsible for enforcing server rules and regulations, handling player inquiries and complaints via the ahelp system, and maintaining order in the game. In addition to this, they may assist with organizing and running server events, providing technical support, and helping players resolve any issues they may encounter while playing. Ultimately, game admins play a crucial role in ensuring that players have an enjoyable experience on the server and that the server operates smoothly.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
Based on my experience playing on the Lizard Server, I have noticed that there are players who are promoting the LRP status, while others are focusing more on humorous or meme-driven play. While there are definitely players who are serious about roleplay on the Lizard Server, I have found that it is not quite on the same level as the Salamander Server in terms of immersive roleplaying experiences.
Personally, I have found that after playing just one shift on the Lizard Server, I often return to ghost roles or observe from the sidelines for fun. However, on the Salamander Server, I have found a great deal of engaging and enjoyable roleplay experiences, and I prefer to play in the MRP style.
Overall, while there is certainly room for improvement in terms of the roleplay status on the Lizard Server, I appreciate the efforts of those players who are promoting immersive roleplay and hope to see more of that in the future. As a potential game admin, I would be committed to fostering an environment that encourages and supports serious roleplay while still allowing for fun and lighthearted moments as well.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I am interested in becoming an administrator for SS14 for several reasons. Firstly, I have a genuine passion for gaming and enjoy contributing to gaming communities by helping to create and maintain a positive and enjoyable gaming experience for all players.
Secondly, I have had positive experiences playing on SS14 servers and have found the community to be welcoming and supportive. I believe that becoming an administrator would be a great way for me to give back to this community and help to ensure that other players have similarly positive experiences.
Additionally, I have previous experience as a moderator and administrator in other gaming communities, including GTA 5 servers and Horse Reality Germany Discord, and I feel that these skills would be transferable to the role of game admin on SS14. I am familiar with handling player inquiries and complaints, enforcing server rules, and creating a fun and safe gaming environment.
Finally, I am excited about the prospect of contributing to the continued growth and success of SS14 by helping to promote its values and culture, and by supporting its dedicated and passionate player base. I believe that I would be a positive addition to the admin team and am eager to contribute my skills and experience to the SS14 community.

meatshield.png.0afc5224794a9b8e6d63cd5788d60c90.png
Screenshot_578.png.4c6a896e168b52db5da4d5917e22269c.png
Screenshot_503.png.433ee176ac959ee72846dc50a3c12ca5.png
Screenshot_577.png.38c040f1f8cff1283f08c8af6f92c2b6.png

• 3 weeks later...