How do I become a Robust Janitor?

WillPwnForPancakes

I love the janitor role. It is the antithesis of the inevitable chaos SS14 descends into, and it extremely fun to roleplay.

My question is, am I being as efficient as possible and have some features been added I am unaware of?

1. Post-shootouts leave a lot of casings on the floor, is there some way I can sweep them up instead of painstakingly picking them up one by one?

2. spray cleaner is fantastic for removing graffiti by the clown outside of sec, is there more it cleans?

3. Soap. What the hell does it do?

4. How can I fill mop buckets? I've tried numerous hotkey combos but resort to regular buckets once the mop bucket runs out...

5. Puddles and spills. What dictates how long it will take to clean them up with the mop? Some spills take really fast, some take forever, and I

can't tell if I am just rewashing a water puddle and making it worse.

Thank you friends, and I appreciate any advice on how to keep the station clean and ruin the clown's fun

• Like 2

I've been wondering about some of those things myself. I need to play as janitor some more...

But did you know you can make bleach? It's 2 parts table salt, 2 parts space cleaner, and 1 part oxygen. I've never tried it tho.

• Like 1

I only think like 2 or 3 of these are correct but i'll try my darn hardest to help                                                                   

1. If you click on a large trashpile with a trashbag it'll all get put in the bag making the job way easier 

2. outside of graffiti it can also remove pie off the face of sec who tried to stop the clown before you came in to clean

3. Soap is just to annoy people for now it's also a great tool to disarm criminals once all of sec has been shot for the rest don't think it does anything else

4. filling mop buckets isn't something I know off since it takes quite a while for them to empty but I think you just go back to bucket since they're there for that reason and for the clown to steal and go banana's 

5. From my experience unless you know every puddle by brain just make your mop as wet as possible some puddels may take longer but just keep going, you'll probaly figure out what's been washed proper and what hasn't by waiting a bit water puddels dry up fast and anything else will remain there 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Bakedbeans
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, WillPwnForPancakes said:

I love the janitor role. It is the antithesis of the inevitable chaos SS14 descends into, and it extremely fun to roleplay.

My question is, am I being as efficient as possible and have some features been added I am unaware of?

1. Post-shootouts leave a lot of casings on the floor, is there some way I can sweep them up instead of painstakingly picking them up one by one?

2. spray cleaner is fantastic for removing graffiti by the clown outside of sec, is there more it cleans?

4. How can I fill mop buckets? I've tried numerous hotkey combos but resort to regular buckets once the mop bucket runs out...

5. Puddles and spills. What dictates how long it will take to clean them up with the mop? Some spills take really fast, some take forever, and I

can't tell if I am just rewashing a water puddle and making it worse.

Thank you friends, and I appreciate any advice on how to keep the station clean and ruin the clown's fun

The robust is already inside of you, you only need to harness it.

Remember, the soap is your friend, the soap is not your friend.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

If you click on the ground with a garbage bag in hand you can pick many up at once

Its funny how in 5 months the use of space cleaner has entirely changed to a medical one

As far as I'm aware it is completely useless besides from slipping people, Hygiene update where you gotta wash blood off your clothes when?

I know this post is old but they did add drains to the game to help with this exact problem!

I've noticed personally that sometimes your mop will be full and has to be wrung out but wont put liquid on the floor like usual

Even though this an old post I hope I helped and help anybody else who sees this!

• Like 1