Is it Possible to Change the Alter? If not, can it be?

EVIL_ED

I've tried playing Chaplin a few times and I have noticed that it seems like the alter simply randomly picks which religion it's going to be each shift.

This is sometimes awkward if I get matched with a religion I don't really want to role play that I'm a part of. The rest of the shift I am simply bound to it.

Does which alter the station gets have some sort of game-play specific mechanical significance? If not, and it's there specifically for role play purposes, is it possible for the Chaplin to be able to simply change the alter? Like how Chameleon Cloths allow me to right click on them and select change and pick what I want each article of clothing to look like; I kept looking for a similar option for the alter and couldn't find one.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Altar is random. Some altars on some stations are the same though they're hidden (Sacrificial altar)

Altars are all the same. However for RP purposes they can be different as you can pray to it to request something from an admin that isn't an admin message. If it's a sacrificial altar, maybe they'd ask you for a pig to kill on the altar or something like that or some offering for the others (they're not guaranteed to work all the time as it depends admin to admin, some may even monkey paw you on your request)

Chaplain cannot change the altar. Religion is whatever you come up with.

Edited by kaishiba
  • Like 1

• Project Manager

You can pray for a different alter, which might work sometimes, but there's currently not a dedicated mechanic for changing the altar. I can't guarantee it'd be accepted, but if you wanted to code it, that sounds like a cool feature. Maybe if the chaplain's drobe had an altar decoration pack or something that they could use on an altar to change it.

• Like 1

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png