so you can place a portal in arrivals

joris

today i placed a portal as a rd in the shuttle and on the station flew to the arrivals area placed a new portal soemoen else went back and placed another and i wanted to ask how allowed this is i got warned for it which i dont think was fair but i want to hear your opinion on it !

the issue is probably not making a portal, but what will go through it
including but not limited to:
- cargo gremlins scuttling the terminal for every last spacebuck
- shitters disabling gravity
- arrivals ops nukies
- rage cage makers
it also deincentivises 1. going to station and 2. using the shuttle

4 minutes ago, deltanedas said:

the issue is probably not making a portal, but what will go through it
including but not limited to:
- cargo gremlins scuttling the terminal for every last spacebuck
- shitters disabling gravity
- arrivals ops nukies
- rage cage makers
it also deincentivises 1. going to station and 2. using the shuttle

i agree with you on most of this but i think it was a creative solution to getting peopel to the station faster and i feal like i shouldnt have been told taht i will get bannned from rd for it if i do it again

21 hours ago, joris said:

today i placed a portal as a rd in the shuttle and on the station flew to the arrivals area placed a new portal soemoen else went back and placed another and i wanted to ask how allowed this is i got warned for it which i dont think was fair but i want to hear your opinion on it !

As for how allowed it is, I think you found out. Not very considering you got a ban warning. And I would have done the same, Arrivals recently got an update that someone put work into. It now works better then ever and there isn't really an issue with the speed at which people arrive.

But also arrivals is supposed to be a safe area for people to join and then transfer from. Having portal access there tells me that its gonna get trashed by some bored shitter and its not exactly a place admins would spend a lot of time monitoring.