Spannerman banned for Metacomming

SpannerMan

SS14 account: Spannerman
Character name: Aurora Hanford
Type of Ban: Game Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: October 11, 2022
Reason for Ban: Metacomming with "Dutch"
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards Den Lizard
Your side of the story: I was told to re-appeal in 6 months, I was told I "MetaCommed" despite not doing it and having screenshotted evidence to prove it even being told I was acting "Abhorrently" despite only attacking someone who attacked me in a bar and accidentally hitting someone properly with a stun stick instead of shocking them. I admit I ban evaded in response due to this being a completely unfair punishment for doing absolutely nothing wrong but I do apologize for doing it and I shouldn't have but I don't obviously apologize for doing the other actions I was wrongfully accused of despite having evidence of the contrary and being told I had been watched for "10 Minutes" when in that time we were constantly talking and having fun in the vents so that was completely and utterly false.
Anything else we should know: I have never had bad intentions when playing on the server and have loved my time on it and would like to be able to continue playing.

Edited by SpannerMan
added clarification at the end

• Project Manager

In addition to waiting 6 months, the last message on your appeal indicated that you'd need a voucher of good behavior from another SS13 or SS14 server. Do you have a voucher of good behavior?

Edited by Chief_Engineer
fix link

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

I would like to ask on what grounds do I need this? I was banned for no reason and at the time there were no servers on SS14 that had more than like 5 players that were in English. I haven't played the game in 6 months and I mean yeah I've played on SS13 but not recently so I hardly see a reason to get someone from there say something?

I did nothing wrong apart from "Ban Evade" a ban (simply to talk to an admin) that I have proof was false where the admin in game lied to me about spectating us. I shouldn't have been banned in the first place.

I'll admit to full wrong doing and again apologise for evading but that's the only thing I did wrong and I have no reason to do it again as I had never done anything to warrant it and simply just want to have fun.

Edited by SpannerMan

• Project Manager

We have a policy that requires anyone who attempts to evade a ban to present a voucher of good behavior from another SS13 or SS14 server with their appeal and that they not be allowed to appeal for 6 months from their last evasion attempt.

Attempting to evade a ban is not the appropriate way contact an admin about your ban, creating an appeal is. The fact that you seem to have created your appeal before attempting to evade your ban calls into question the idea that the purpose of the evasion was to talk to an admin about it as you had already begun the process of doing so via the appeal. However, even if you could prove with certainty that your only purpose of attempting to evade was to talk to an admin in-game rather than on through an appeal, our policy makes no distinction as far as the purpose of the ban evasion.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png