Ban appeal for disobeying HOS orders

Ana_Ng

Account name: Ana_Ng

Roles: Warden

Date of ban: Until Appeal

Events leading to ban: I was playing as a warden when I cuffed and imprisoned a musician for a stupid reason as a joke. The HOS then demoted me for being irresponsible. After pleading with him he decided to give me another chance. Right after that, a prisoner that I was under the impression had been arrested as a joke was being removed from a cell by HOS. He told me to "Take them off", I then proceeded to remove the prisoners cuffs(assuming we were setting him free). HOS then got(rightfully) Angered with me and attempted to demote me. I tried to explain the misunderstanding, but he insisted I be demoted. After that I went awol and tried to kill him, I then DC'd as I was not aware this was against the rules(others had done the same before and not been punished). 

Reason the ban should be removed: While yes, I was irresponsible with the false imprisonment of the musician, it was a joke. I had apologized multiple times for the situation and it never occured again. The second incident with setting the prisoner free was just a misunderstanding. The HOS didn't give me much more instruction other than "Take them off", so I just went with what my understanding of the situation was. This has been my first incident with a ban and I have not broken a single rule prior to this. This was a rather small incident in which my anger toward the misunderstanding led to me further disrupting others. I apoligize and promise it to never occur again. 

Edited by Ana_Ng
template may be incorrect

1 hour ago, Ana_Ng said:

I then DC'd as I was not aware this was against the rules(others had done the same before and not been punished). 

I would like to clarify that this is incorrect. If a person being questioned DCed midway, we are obligated to appeal ban them to continue the discussion on the forums. 

Regardless, may I know why you decided it was a good idea to try and kill the HoS? 

Because at the time I was cornered and decided I would rather die than lose my position as warden. So I assumed that if that decision did come over scrutiny it would be dismissed as a character choice rather than a breaking of the rules. An RP decision I suppose. 

Hello again. Here is what I found in logs: 

1. Round start, you went into the armory to inspect weapons. It is there that you decide to pocket two weapons on green alert - an mk58 pistol and more notably a laser rifle.

image.png.d0e1eaf4e1f0efee3322f9260f1947d6.png

2. You proceeded to hand out weapons as a warden for seemingly no reason. I can find at least four people you handed out to: the chef, the musician, a sec cadet, and someone unknown. 

image.png.92e3527bba549fe7c41c691085f71023.png

image.png.d2f8a23cb27dab4693c9a3f216a64efb.png

image.png.f9723da4801a578954f2cd5ee6cf4ece.png

image.png.574a357bad3a8ba6358f00b65f40bb91.png

3. You then proceeded to cuff Lew Pel for being 'a birthday boy'. Notably, I do not find any records of you attempting to uncuff him or asking him to uncuff himself. You proceeded to pull maintenance closets instead (which I hope wasn't an attempt to lock him in)

image.png.642ceee2830c36a99b42530eaf48028a.png

image.png.de2d1ac4af352864bbaf89eaaf7a79a5.png

4. You decide to arrest what I assume is a random tider for no reason, which was there you finally got caught and rightfully chewed out. 

image.png.63b7abf0b65bbe97bbeb9ec8d0ca62b9.png

5. During that time the HoS told you to uncuff them, and bizzarely you went for the perma prisoner unrelated to your incident. Of course, the HoS is furious. 

image.png.a3f5323ca3e494fd05b9c2a43f026deb.png

6. You try to defend yourself, but got hit with a foam event. Most notably, this incident and the next is so short that I doubt you went AWOL as you said. I believe you were still in security. 

image.png.1b4eb8eb705630e8dcf4177f7b8269c3.png

7. You finally decided to use the laser gun you pocketed at round start to RDM the HoS. You fail, say 'fuck you', and that was when the banning administrator decided to contact you. 

image.png.585023d5fc948831e0f2876fef7d03f2.png

I have a few questions to ask:

• Why did you pocket guns at shift start?
  • Why did you hand out weapons to randoms for no reason?
  • Why did you leave out cuffing Lew Pel?
  • Why did you mention going AWOL?
  • How would we know you would not do this again? 
  • Like 1

1. I felt that my position as warden entitled me to a higher level of self defence. I know syndicates may be out to target me and If I were to have to defend myself I wanted to be ready to do so. 

2. No exscuse for this one, I was wrong to do this. My doing so was very irresponsible and an abuse of my power. I have no other reasoning besides "I thought it would be fun, and the idea of a chef with a gun amuses me" which is an invalid reason. 

3. I can't properly remember this one, I'm pretty sure the captain wanted to arrest them or something like that. Whatever the case i'm sure my involvement was irresponsible and again an abuse of power. 

4. Because that's what I did in disobeying the HOS.

5.   I have never been a rulebreaker prior to this. I admit to not properly reading through the rules(more of a skim). I had been able to manage not breaking rules by just following the examples set by other players. I had not played warden and was excited at the power I now had, after seeing others enjoy that same power. In that excitement I crossed a line and was quite disruptive. I assure you that after this rather irritating event I will be much more cautious and aware of not being an asshole(In addition to actually reading the rules.) . Again, this is my first and only (rather small) offence. And I would prefer to just continue playing with a new attitude toward the rules. 

1. I felt that my position as warden entitled me to a higher level of self defence. I know syndicates may be out to target me and If I were to have to defend myself I wanted to be ready to do so. 

2. No exscuse for this one, I was wrong to do this. My doing so was very irresponsible and an abuse of my power. I have no other reasoning besides "I thought it would be fun, and the idea of a chef with a gun amuses me" which is an invalid reason. 

3. I can't properly remember this one, I'm pretty sure the captain wanted to arrest them or something like that. Whatever the case i'm sure my involvement was irresponsible and again an abuse of power. 

4. Because that's what I did in disobeying the HOS.

5.   I have never been a rulebreaker prior to this. I admit to not properly reading through the rules(more of a skim). I had been able to manage not breaking rules by just following the examples set by other players. I had not played warden and was excited at the power I now had, after seeing others enjoy that same power. In that excitement I crossed a line and was quite disruptive. I assure you that after this rather irritating event I will be much more cautious and aware of not being an asshole(In addition to actually reading the rules.) . Again, this is my first and only (rather small) offence. And I would prefer to just continue playing with a new attitude toward the rules. I assure you I am more than ashamed of what i've done and will make sure it doesn't happen again

Administrator consensus is to accept your appeal. In it's place, we will be enacting a warden and HoS roleban which is appeal-only. If you wish, you may submit a new appeal for the roleban in two (2) weeks. Do note that any attempts to place yourself in the two positions mentioned will count as ban evasion and will be dealt with a game ban. 

I

• Thanks 1