Wickerlerman- Banned for Shoved someone for no reason and resulted in a mass mob of shoving and abuse, trying to lie in AHELPs

wickerlerman

SS14 account username: wIckerlerman

Ban reason: Shoved someone for no reason. Resulting in a mass mob of shoving and abuse. Tried to lie in AHELPs.

Date of ban: 03/18/2023

Length of ban: Appeal only

Events leading to the ban:  while I was playing as Michael Starwalker, I dressed up as a clown and encountered a musician in the hallway. I thought it would be amusing to playfully shove him as a prank. Unfortunately, the situation quickly spiraled out of control as others joined in, forming a mob that targeted the individual. Soon after, Vinnie Vine arrived and used her hand-crafted zip ties to restrain the victim. Feeling uncertain about what to do, I stood by and watched as the harmless prank turned into full-fledged bullying, resulting in the victim being stripped of their items and shoved into the disposal chute. As the situation continued to escalate, I felt an increasing urge to intervene, but unfortunately failed to do so. Tragically, Tyler Woods and Vinnie Vine severely beat the victim, causing them to suffer critical injuries. When the admin reached out to me to inquire about the events, I provided him with some misinformation due to my inability to remember the situation clearly enough.

Reason the ban should be removed: I deeply regret my unacceptable and inexcusable behavior that not only violated the rules of the game but also caused harm to another player. I take full responsibility for my actions and understand that they were completely wrong. I acknowledge the seriousness of the breach of the game's policies, and I am committed to adhering to them in the future. Since my ban, I have taken the time to reflect on my behavior and its impact on others. I have realized the importance of respecting other players and following the rules of the game. I understand that I have caused harm and that it is my responsibility to make amends. I assure you that I have learned from my mistakes and will make every effort to ensure that my behavior reflects the values of the game and its community.I humbly request that you consider lifting my ban, as I am eager to rejoin the game and demonstrate that I am capable of being a respectful and responsible member of the community. I understand that I have a lot to prove and am willing to do whatever it takes to regain the trust of the community. Thank you for considering my appeal.

• Project Manager

I'm waiting on some more details from the banning admin. In the meantime, please answer the following questions:

1. How much were you shoving the musician?
  2. How much did you shove them before anyone else started to interact with them?
  3. As best as you can remember, approximately how much time passed between you shoving the musician and Vinnie Vine appearing or interacting with them in any way?
  4. Did you coordinate with Vinnie Vine at all to do anything to the musician, including shove or cuff them?
  5. Did you encourage Vinnie or anyone else to cuff, shove, or otherwise interact with the musician, through chat, emotes, pointing, etc.?

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

aaa

10 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

I'm waiting on some more details from the banning admin. In the meantime, please answer the following questions:

1. How much were you shoving the musician?
  2. How much did you shove them before anyone else started to interact with them?
  3. As best as you can remember, approximately how much time passed between you shoving the musician and Vinnie Vine appearing or interacting with them in any way?
  4. Did you coordinate with Vinnie Vine at all to do anything to the musician, including shove or cuff them?
  5. Did you encourage Vinnie or anyone else to cuff, shove, or otherwise interact with the musician, through chat, emotes, pointing, etc.?

Hello! Sorry for the late reply.

1.I shoved him exactly 7 times.

2. When I shoved them 7 times, the others started to join in.

3. Vinnie Vine showed up after about 3 minutes of shoving Musician.

4. I continued to shove them because I thought they would release him afterwards, but other than that, I did not coordinate with Vinnie Vine, although the others did.

5. I did not do it, and I have no idea why they joined in anyway.

Edited by wickerlerman

• Project Manager

No worries about the late reply. I've looked through logs and have a few more question that you can hopefully answer:

1. Do you remember how the interaction or conflict between you two started? Did you shove them first unprompted, or did something else happen first?
  2. What was Myo Hayzle's involvement in the incident?
  3. Had you and Myo Hayzle talked about anything together or been doing anything together prior to the incident?
  4. Can you provide any context or comments on these chat and disposal logs? Note that these are ordered with messages that were sent later near the top of each screenshot. The screenshots themselves are not in any particular order relative to each other.

image.png.26d82a38a3b91c053a6825b365d81d65.pngimage.png.6f024d37e0c43839ea1d9bf5e0c78692.pngimage.thumb.png.75e9fdf8b0dfe6201a4132af4bea1c6a.png

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

2 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

No worries about the late reply. I've looked through logs and have a few more question that you can hopefully answer:

1. Do you remember how the interaction or conflict between you two started? Did you shove them first unprompted, or did something else happen first?
  2. What was Myo Hayzle's involvement in the incident?
  3. Had you and Myo Hayzle talked about anything together or been doing anything together prior to the incident?
  4. Can you provide any context or comments on these chat and disposal logs? Note that these are ordered with messages that were sent later near the top of each screenshot. The screenshots themselves are not in any particular order relative to each other.

image.png.26d82a38a3b91c053a6825b365d81d65.pngimage.png.6f024d37e0c43839ea1d9bf5e0c78692.pngimage.thumb.png.75e9fdf8b0dfe6201a4132af4bea1c6a.png

1. I shoved them unprompted; it was meant to be a funny joke.

2. Myo Hayzle, the CE, actually came over after I started shoving them, so she decided to join too. But I can assure you she did nothing but just shove the victim.

3. Well, she just used Omega soap on me and shoved me a lot of times, but that's about it. We haven't really talked or anything.

4. Those screenshots are when the victim was cuffed, and we kept shoving him, ultimately escalating the situation into something worse.

Edited by wickerlerman

• Project Manager

The logs indicate that Myo Hayzle was there from the start and was one of the people who cuffed the person you were all shoving. Why did you decide to put the cuffed person into disposals and flush them, and why did you call them your property?

16 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

The logs indicate that Myo Hayzle was there from the start and was one of the people who cuffed the person you were all shoving. Why did you decide to put the cuffed person into disposals and flush them, and why did you call them your property?

1. Well, I don't exactly remember if Myo Hayzle was there from the start, as I never paid too much attention to it

2. Once again, my foolishness led me to believe that flushing the person would be a hilarious idea.

3.As for calling them my 'property,' it was meant as a joke based on the meme 'hippity hoppity this is now my property,' and I didn't have any malicious intent behind it.

Edited by wickerlerman