Spook95

Spooky95

SS14 account username: [Spook95]
Ban reason: [image attached]
Date of ban: [Date of ban]
Length of ban: [You wont tell me, It's implied that it was a month in a previous appeal but its been over 40 days.]
Events leading to the ban: see attached.   ]
Reason the ban should be removed: [I'd Like to play the game, and I have already apologized . (attached previous appeal) This system implementation is unhelpful, unwelcoming, and has made trying to play and learn video game a very stressful endeavor that is very frustrating, and I would like to move on. ]

clownschool2electricboogaloo.png

• Project Manager
4 hours ago, Spooky95 said:

You wont tell me, It's implied that it was a month in a previous appeal but its been over 40 days.

The screenshot in the screenshot you shared literally says "This ban is appeal only." The post from Stealth says that you can appeal again in a month. This implies that you will still have a ban to appeal in a month, meaning that it implies you will still be banned in a month, not that your ban will only last a month.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

In case you are confused, the phrase 'appeal-only' means that unless this ban is successfully appealed in our forums, you will remain banned indefinitely

If the previous appeal was rejected by the admin team, you must wait for one (1) month before you could make a new one. 

Regardless, could you provide more context to the timeline of events before you were ultimately banned? And how would we know if you would not do this again? 

I was reacting over dramatically in a scenario where my character was witnessing what he thought was a unjust and problematic situation (sec was being real fumbly and not very unprofessional) to someone he was directly conversing with at the time and took a hysterical action in address. This was purposefully poorly executed and done for narrative comedic effect for the scenario at hand.  I have re-read your rules and have adjusted my understanding of how your server plays and polices the game and intend to adjust my behavior accordingly. 

In the AHELP relay with the banning admin you mentioned a few things that seem to contradict your above message. These are:

• You are aware the jailed person is a bomber - contradicting your character witnessing an unjust and problematic situation
  • You were trying to break out the prisoner - with clear intention that seems to juxtapose with your supposed poorly executed welderbombing
  • You agreed that welderbombing is wrong, but then say that it's not wrong and is humorous in certain situations. You've already been banned for 3 day for welderbombing arrivals prior to this. 

Simply put, we could use a more in-depth clarification and perspective on what you did that day and your clear-cut stance on welderbombing. 

20 hours ago, Spooky95 said:

thanks for taking the time to throw a  "well actually" instead of helping. 

clownschool.PNG

I also take issue with this comment, as the commenting admin was trying to demonstrate that you missed out info that was mentioned in the first appeal. 

This was nearly two months ago. I apologized and I mean it sincerely.  The "commenting admin" is unhelpful and has been consistently patronizing in this process, even given that he is the reporting admin on this ban and my other bans.  

The prisoner never get got close to getting out, nothing but a floor tile even broke. The situation wasn't even allowed to play out and resolve itself either' after I was dead in security custody, very meta public admin action was taken following, publicly OOC shaming me through the hallways and then parading me to perma, keeping me in perma without ban for the remainder of the shift and then banning me at the beginning of the following shift. That was absolutely 100% fair as I did a "big no-no" but it seems a little mean spirited to add a punishment hat on top of another punishment's  hat.

Welderbombing is wrong.

clownschool.PNG.c0219908cd1268e5778ca3318f405999.png.16301c65ae411d15fde924ce6e1e000e.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spooky95 said:

The situation wasn't even allowed to play out and resolve itself either' after I was dead in security custody, very meta public admin action was taken following, publicly OOC shaming me through the hallways and then parading me to perma, keeping me in perma without ban for the remainder of the shift and then banning me at the beginning of the following shift.

I'm feeling lost here. How did the administrator publicly shammed you in OOC? Who paraded you to perma, was it the banning admin or security? 

Hello there. After extensive diving through our logs, it appears your testimony was somewhat misguided. The timeline of events show that: 

• The warden tries to pull you, probably away from fuel tank
  • You welderbomb
  • You enters crit
  • A secoff starts dragging you, probably either to medbay or the brig
  • You dies during that
  • You are killsign smited
  • 30 sec later the secoff stops dragging you
  • A musician starts dragging you
  • A scientist starts dragging you
  • You got gibbed
  • The banning administrator pickup your brain and 10 seconds later throw it into perma, then rename it

I fail to see how the banning administrator supposedly 'shamed you', when most of it was handled IC. He did not reveal any personal information including your ss14 username or the like, and just used a smite tool at most. 

• Like 1

" it appears your testimony was somewhat misguided." 

I dont understand this process or why your answer to my appeal is to tell me how I shouldn't feel the way I do full stop.

Please someone tell me what I need to do that's an actual resolution to this, and not whatever this is.

• Haha 1

Hello there. I am bringing this up because from the get-go, you have shown a frankly unwarranted hostility towards the banning administrator Chief_Engineer. The timeline of events were brought up because you appeared believe that the admin is going out of his way to shame you during IC. Similar hostility is represented in both AHELP relays with him and this thread, where you made snide remarks against him. 

1 hour ago, Spooky95 said:

Please someone tell me what I need to do that's an actual resolution to this, and not whatever this is.

But yes, you are right, I am getting ahead of myself. This has, frankly, gone on too long. 

Unanimous administrator consensus is to deny this appeal. You may reappeal this ban in one (1) month. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1