TeaJoy - Banned for abusing Captain role (???)

TeaJoy

SS14 account username: TeaJoy
Ban reason: permanently banned for abusing Captain role, has several other notes. Permabanned. Appeal/Voucher only"
Date of ban: 3.10.2023
Length of ban: Permanent
Events leading to the ban: I rolled Cap, asked the crowd if they wanted me to dispatch sec, everyone voted yes. I did so, then thought about implementing anarchy instead of the classic head system. Got killed by hos, observed the round. At the end of the round the admin contacted me asking what and why was I trying to do.
I tried to explain to him what I was trying to do, he then said, that "Captain's here to enforce the law, not to change it for yourself" or something, after I asked him where does it say that I can't dispatch security and how was that "changing the law for myself" he said that I violated the 11, 17 and 18. I got jobbanned from cap after. The rules are: Don't be a dick, don't self antag, you are expected to know the basics of the game when you join as a command role. I was about to ask him how is basically trying to make the shift different and interesting was being a dick and how is it self antag, but then he said that "I've done it a few times" and banned me permanently before I could say anything.
I kind of don't understand what have I done a few times, because I can't recall doing something like this before. I don't agree with the ban and I think this is some kind of mistake of the admin. Thank you.

After the events of the video, Hos presented my bodyguard, who was actually loyal to Hos. Then after a couple of minutes we got back to sec and I got killed by all of them. They tried to "restore the rule of the Captain" or smth, but it was unsuccessful and near the end of the round the same Hos whined about how bad things are. Also I think Hos must be punished as I saw some guys complaining about him randomly shooting people with lethal rounds.

Edited by TeaJoy

• Project Manager
41 minutes ago, TeaJoy said:

If by "anarchy" you mean like complete chaos, then no. I wanted to see if people could live organized without sec.

If it turned out that people couldn't live organized without sec, would that not have been chaos?

1 hour ago, TeaJoy said:

instead of the classic head system

Did you also intend to fire the heads of the departments?

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

No, sorry for the use of the wrong words, I was too sleepy to think straight. I wasn't thinking about removing heads at the time as it was too early for it, sec still existed and I was trying to get things done with them first.

If things went bad, we could call the shuttle and/or call ert if they went really bad

Before this turns into a multi-page discussion, let me outline the issues we find with this incident and this appeal:

1. "I asked the crew if they wanted me to dispatch sec, not kill them"

Lets take a quick look at the possible uses of the word "dispatch":
image.png.79693840e88b224ebe882dafb8971a35.png

Dispatch can clearly be understood to most people as meaning "to kill someone or something", especially in this context. Regardless of if this is what you meant or not, this is what you implied to the crew and what you imply to us when you want to "dispatch" security. The resulting carnage can likely be attributed to you due to your choice of words and or actions.

2. " I was about to ask him how is basically trying to make the shift different and interesting was being a dick and how is it self antag"

Stopping an entire department of other players from playing the department they signed up to play by forcibly disbanding them for no reason is not making the shift "different and interesting". You are stopping your entire security team from keeping the station together and from playing security while at the same time ensuring that the rest of the crew has zero incentive to obey the law. You are literally enabling criminal activity as the top authority of the ship, which is laid out as being against the rules. Refer to these rules below for how this ties in to what you did:

image.png.27f0960e7e4acd9c0ed9b3581927a48b.png

image.png.647073861029ec524e4bf508d43c6596.png

image.png.3ca674d221beff485981142331a18d98.png

image.png.6ae1c0b4afb18399a3945ef1cb2beca6.png

image.png.4905bd7ba150851a02b8c696feefdcff.png

3. "I didn't even know this message means there's no admins online actually, I thought they just ignored me for some reason."

Even if you thought the admins were ignoring you, a non-reply does not give you permission to do whatever you just asked to do. 

4. "I did so, then thought about implementing anarchy instead of the classic head system" and "If by "anarchy" you mean like complete chaos, then no. I wanted to see if people could live organized without sec."

The Captain, again, should not be tearing down all organization of the station just because he thinks its funny or cool or interesting. You are a command role there to maintain order and safety of the station, disbanding your entire security team and potentially all other heads of staff is the opposite of that. I have high confidence that you wanted to enable anarchy because you like the funny disaster chaos it causes and not because you actually believed the station would just fall in line and cooperate with everyone willingly.

You already have one appeal ban on file that you have appealed. This is your second one, and this stunt is particularly far out of line with the rules while you are already on thin ice. By policy, this ban is now a voucher ban. You may only appeal this ban six months from now (Sept. 10th, 2023) and only with a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server. A voucher should be obtained from the administrative team of another well known or at least fairly active SS13/SS14 server and be indicative of at least a few months of play time.

This appeal is denied.

Edited by lonesoldier55
formatting