KVOSH's Admin Application #3

KVOSH

In-game Username: KVOSH
Discord username: DaveFromSteam#3884
Characters you play: Seamus Halligan
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? 350 hours on SS14

How many hours are you available per day: Weekdays 3-6 hours. Weekends 4-9 hours
Days you are available on: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays. Saturdays and Sundays.

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: None.
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? : Yes I have received one ban for a couple of hours for spamming connect. and one for multiple reasons. Those being Admin checking, Using Ahelps as a social channel. And being disrespectful to a trial admin.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? : I think Admins have a prime responsibility to ensure that the integrity of the server and its rules are maintained. in my personal experience on the server and the admins already established on it. They handle troublesome players breaking any of the rules outlined within the servers rules. doing so with various means, either handing out a ban for a serious infraction or handing out a verbal warning. they also work to collate information about players in game actions to create a broader picture of what that player is like and how they act towards others. other aspects of administration is voting on the revocation of bans. or mediating with players when it comes to their ban appeals.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? : I think the roleplay of the server is lacking in some regards but I think that's down to people not doing their part to engage with the nature of the server. The most populated server at the moment is the LRP server so a lot of wiggle room is offered to players when it comes to defining their characters and operating within their role. And I think most users manage to stay within these boundaries. But of course there is individuals that are not so well versed in the world of roleplay and will take the term low roleplay to mean no roleplay and those are the only users I believe cause issues when it comes to the roleplay status.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? : I've played this game for 350 hours now and have made numerous failed applications. But my motivation has stayed relatively the same. I've been hooked on what SS14 offers and what it has the potential to offer. It is the only player driven social game that has managed to pull me in and keep me engaged for so long. I've since starting playing all those hours ago attempted to make a worthy contribution by doing my best to Ahelp any one who is breaking the rules, sometimes I've got it wrong, and sometimes I've got it right. I would like to take a step further and contribute more of my effort to support this game that I've found much love for.