Pigguy315 - "Suspected Metacommunications" (Got it right this time sorry)

Pigguy315

SS14 account username: [Pigguy315]
Ban reason: ["Suspected metacommunications with user hamwaterlover]
Date of ban: [03/04/2023]
Length of ban: [Appeal Ban]
Events leading to the ban: [So I was playing a round as Cap, then I see Juan Lopez (IC of hamwaterlover) who I know is a really new player who never gets on that much do to a previous round a while ago where we talked and I showed him the basics. I always keep the name "Larry Chunk" and always have regardless so when he starts following me I right click him and see his name and realize who it is, he then says "Hi". At the time I was reading a ss13 wiki and saw mention of "Blueshield", so wanting to give Hamwater a new experience in ss14 so I did make him such, as well as try something new for myself. Nothing exceptional went on after that as he just followed me for a bit before I was bwoinked.]
Reason the ban should be removed: [Yes, looking back now giving a fairly newer player that type of power as Cap was inappropriate but if anything that should be handled IG with demotion or such. Honestly, I never had metacommunications with this user and it was never my intent to harm the gameplay of others, I just wanted to help a person who is a new player enjoy the game with a new experience as I did. I can see where the Admins are coming from thinking I was meta with this player as we really didn't speak that much with each other we just kind of went with it. I hope you can all forgive me as I really do realize my choices were stupid and potentially harmful to the gameplay of others, with that being said there was no metacommunications of any sorts and I hope you can come to believe me. I do also acknowledge that it is metagaming for me to "remember" from a previous shift, so far that I am sorry and it will not happen again I assure you all and I hope you can please forgive me.]

• Project Manager

These are all of both your and hamwaterlover's chat logs after hamwaterlover joined the round, note that these are ordered with earlier messages appearing at the bottom:

image.png.5e8841cfd665093e282d545a63e141cf.png

As you can see, there is absolutely no chat communication from hamwaterlover before you decide to make them a blueshield. In addition to any comments you'd like to make regarding this, please answer the following additional questions:

8 hours ago, Pigguy315 said:

Juan Lopez (IC of hamwaterlover) who I know is a really new player who never gets on that much do to a previous round a while ago where we talked and I showed him the basics.

1. Do you know around when the round you taught them was?
  2. Have you interacted with them in multiple rounds or just the one?
  3. Do you know hamwaterlover outside the game?
  4. Have you ever coordinated with hamwaterlover, or anyone else, in any way about joining the game? This question includes any plans to play the game at the same time, to join the game while another is playing, or to join as a specific role, even if done within the game.
  5. Have you ever coordinated with hamwaterlover, or anyone else, in any way about doing anything in a round? This question excludes any coordination that occurred within a round which only affected actions within that round.

If any of these questions are unclear, or if you are unsure how to answer any of them, please ask for clarification.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

image.png.5e8841cfd665093e282d545a63e141cf.png

In response to the chat log, he barely ever spoke to me nor anyone else, was very minimal with words but I still knew who he was due to the species and fairly memorable name/round together. Honestly he just followed me around so I just went with it because I had never had a BlueShield before and the main reasoning behind me just picking him is because no new players will experience that, and new things like that tend to lead to fun rp situations. I can see how this looks from an admins standpoint and yes I too would be suspicious but in my defense I would have never chatted IG with him in the first place if I was metacomming. 

Response

1. No idea of exact dates, was over a 1-3 months ago (I remember the experience itself due to it's uniqueness, yes I realize how bad that looks.)

2. Multiple rounds (very few), No major interactions outside the one shift.

3. No

4. I have never coordinated to join or play together with anyone, the most I've done is join whilst a steam friend was also playing (joined to play by myself).

14 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

This question excludes any coordination that occurred within a round which only affected actions within that round.

5. I think I know what you mean? No, I have never coordinated outside a round on what to do in a specific round.

Additional: With all that being said, I have never metacommed and had no intent to harm anyone's round. I will admit to favoring Juan for the BlueShield job due to a previous shift, however I had no bad intentions and just wanted to have a good time with someone who I remembered from a previous shift, which yes, I regret to say is "metagaming". After thinking and writing this I have realized the potential harm I could have caused to the round and community, and I am sorry. Thanks for reading, it won't happen again.

• Project Manager
36 minutes ago, Pigguy315 said:

Honestly he just followed me around so I just went with it

Was this before or after you made him a blueshield? If it was before, about how long was he following you for before you decided to make him a blueshield?

37 minutes ago, Pigguy315 said:

I remember the experience itself due to it's uniqueness

Can you elaborate a bit about what was unique about the situation?

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

7 minutes ago, Chief_Engineer said:

Was this before or after you made him a blueshield? If it was before, about how long was he following you for before you decided to make him a blueshield?

Before, If I had just saw them I prob wouldnt have thought anything, Juan kept following me so I right clicked on them and realized who it was, I go to bridge for maybe 4-8 mins and walk out of offices to see them walk by and they stop and just say hi through the bridge window. I would like to say he followed me for about 2-4 minutes before I right clicked and went into bridge (sorry should've gone into detail originally).

15 minutes ago, Chief_Engineer said:

Can you elaborate a bit about what was unique about the situation?

It was unique to me specifically because I was a cargo tech and decided to teach them cargo as well as basic gameplay, I had never and still haven't gone into that much depth with a newbie sense so that's what made it unique to me. It was just a encounter that differed from the standard SS14 shift for those reasons.

14 minutes ago, Chief_Engineer said:

From the chat logs shared earlier, do you remember who you were saying "come" to? If you do, do you remember where you wanted them to come and why?

I remember saying "come" to a sec cadet (Maybe officer?) asking them to come into the bridge airlock due to the foam spewing out. BUT, I could be completely wrong as I had been playing captain ALOT before the days of the ban so I could just be confusing shifts. But that is my best guess as to what occurred when I said "come", I would just like it to be known that I could be completely mistaken.