Application

In-game Username: Yoi_Ishiya

Discord username: Yoi_Ishiya#6216

Characters you play: John Vanilla, Greg Myers, John Redrock, Jessup Redmond

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?

A couple years but bulk on ss14 in last year or so

How many hours are you available per day: 4hr

Days you are available on: work full time, i tend to be online 6am-10am most days, shift will change and ill be available 2pm-6pm. Full availability on weekends. I do tend to smoke alot so i may take a smoke break every two hours or so

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: None

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?

several warning one day ban. The day ban is rather embarrassing but for clarity's sake i will go into reasonable details.

I am active in the furry community, and i sometimes share with close friends images. Well one day i forgot to clear my notepad. So i went to copy a message for later in game, i forgot to hit control c. So when i went to paste i hit send before realizing that in local chat i posted a bad link. It was a complete fumble on my part and i am lucky to have received a one day ban.

Update:

I really screwed up the other day and while faxing quotes i pulled up the wrong author for a book i meant to quote "Trans* : A Quick and Quirky Account of Gender Variability by J. Jack Halberstam but when you google trans* the first book that pops up is "Gender Identity and the New Battle for Women's Rights

By Helen Joyce" which is transphobic. I was rather crossfaded at the time and didnt realize i posted a confounded quote that is transphobic from Helen Joyce. It was a big mistake and i yet again cant apologize enough, i spent the day crying and trying not to get canceled on ss14. I spent the day collecting the quoted books to try and show the larger context. Here is the accepted appeal https://forum.spacestation14.io/index.php?/topic/1709-yoi_ishiya-wizards-den-ban/

I really dont expect to be made staff any time soon after this last incident. I still want to show interest, even though i really messed up and yet again cant apologize enough for my poor thought out actions.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

To make the station a safe environment, to uphold the rules so that others may enjoy the game, and to steer the narrative when things get too slow. The work is vital for a functional station.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

Im comfortable with it, there is now more MRP servers for those who desire more immersion however wizards den is a good mix with shifts lasting from 30 minutes to 3 hours.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

Phew well things changed quickly, id like to help in enforcing rules, keeping the game moving along, and to help new players adjust. That said i need to step back a bit and sort myself out i am not ready for this role. Id like to apologize to anyone that was hurt and or offended by the quote mixup thats on my conscious. 

"We must be undone in order to do ourselves: we must be part of a larger social fabric of existence in order to create who we are."

Judith Butler