struggles of trit

deltanedas

I'd llke to start with I am not the best atmosian out there.

so i was making a chamberless trit setup and ran into 3 main problems with it:
1. trit filter was not working properly and there was still some trit in the pipes
2. even with like 4 filters each there was still huge amounts of co2 or vapour in the pipes depending on mix, these should also be filtered out rapidly but arent for whatever reason
3. trying to feed new fuel is very painful as the pipe has to be below 4.5mpa for the mixer to output it so production is very on/off

Can any elder atmosians give tips

• Like 1

Ok, I'm far from being an elder atmosian, and I've never done a chamberless tritium setup, but let's see.

> 1. trit filter was not working properly and there was still some trit in the pipes

What pipes? You're expected to have a mix of gases, including tritium, entering the filter. If you see tritium in the straight output, the one that should contain anything but tritium, then that's because the plasma in the output is still burning and making more tritium, after passing through the filter.

(really, a picture or drawing of your setup would be cool)

I can't imagine not using the chamber for this, though. The chamber is RIGHT THERE! I just cram as many scrubbers as I can in there, all for tritium, and leave one passive vent leading outside - that'll take care of the pressure. Maybe that can be done with pipes, but get a passive vent leading outside! You have an infinite supply of gases, don't worry about waste.

One question though. How do you get plasma to ignite in the pipes?

If you see tritium in the straight output, the one that should contain anything but tritium, then that's because the plasma in the output is still burning and making more tritium, after passing through the filter.

i thought i had prevented this by freezing it in first filter which seemed to work temperature wise but filter outputs still had trit and wastes

> (really, a picture or drawing of your setup would be cool)

ill post in a bit

> One question
 though. How do you get plasma to ignite in the pipes?

once its 200C it ignites itself

>> If you see tritium in the straight output, the one that should contain anything but tritium, then that's because the plasma in the output is still burning and making more tritium, after passing through the filter.

> i thought i had prevented this by freezing it in first filter which seemed to work temperature wise but filter outputs still had trit and wastes

Oh. I didn't know that was a thing. My previous answer might be wrong, then.

> bottom: fuel mixer 99% 1% 4.5mpa should go to 50% 50% eventually i think

See, that's one reason why I like just venting it all in the chamber. You just keep it at 99:1, no need to worry about adjusting ratios aftwerwards.

> above: trit going left, water and co2 going right all at 4.5mpa

Are you putting different mixers on top of each other? Ha! Ingenious! I'd never have thought of that.

It looks like you're a much more experienced atmosian than I am. I can't see anything obviously wr--- WAIT A MINUTE

Do you have tritium and CO2 and vapor filters on the same tile?

Do you have tritium and CO2 and vapor filters on the same tile?

on the recreation used for the screenshot yes but on the original each filter type has its own tile

> what is under the heater
? A bend going left-up, I presume

yep but half pipe isnt used. im not sure if it has any use tbh

i guess ill try having a more linear chamber that just goes out to space instead of looping, hopefully it will help!

>> Do you have tritium and CO2 and vapor filters on the same tile?

> on the recreation used for the screenshot yes but on the original each filter type has its own tile

Ah, ok then. Because having them all in one tile would definitely leak tritium to the wrong places!

>> what is under the heater? A bend going left-up, I presume

> yep but half pipe isnt used. im not sure if it has any use tbh

Yeah, no, you're right. A half pipe would do nothing in this situation. I just thought that, maybe, you thought it'd be necessary to have a pipe of some kind (like I once thought), and I was making sure you weren't placing a full straight pipe in there. Which would be bad. Which, of course, you know already. I'm trying to help, but I'm the one doing the learning here! XD

> so i made 2 loopless setups one chamberless one using a spaced chamber
> (...)

Okay, this time, I couldn't make sense of your setup... =(
It doesn't even look like two separate things!

> new epic idea ill be trying is having more reaction pipes to use more of the fuel mix before spacing it, progressively slower pump speeds?

That does resonate with some instincts I've had regarding chambers. I suspect bigger IS better.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/38/2a/b6382af92eeed4ea02aedeb4a842aaec.png

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--latClcZl--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_358,q_80,w_636/ciuw8smvsfevhqyssvl8.gif