GamerCake's ban appeal

GamerCake

SS14 account username: GamerCake
Ban reason: As non antag,set detective on fire for seemingly no reason. left before questioning finished. Appeal at forum.ss14.io
Date of ban: About 3 months ago maybe, I'm honestly unsure
Length of ban: Appeal only
Events leading to the ban: Well first of all I'd like to address the "seemingly no reason", which is obviously a false statement and the "left before questioning finished" is doubtable at best.
The questioning in my case was an admin asking something along the lines of "Can you explain what happened with you and the Detective" so I explained it in a short but thorough way,
I said something like "I tried to help my friend he was arresting for no reason and he overreacted and started firing on me" Which the Detective did do, after which he chased my down the hall shooting to which the HoS shot him down and he lost his job. When I met him again (about 20 minutes later) he started whaling on me with a bat and me shooting him with a flare gun, which ended up with me in crit and security chasing the Detective down.
After the end of that round I played mid-way through the next one and left, I was not messaged in any way by staff and from what I know the Detective was not punished.
I stopped playing for maybe 2-3 weeks, that's when I first found out about the ban which was APPLICATION ONLY. 
With that said that should explain why the "seemingly no reason" part is just not true.
I'm not saying that staff member (who's name I don't remember) took sides but it does surely feel that way.

Reason the ban should be removed: I believe that my ban was unjust and unprofessional as well as being months ago.
The odd thing being, about one month later on January 25. 23, I was contacted by a staff member Ret explaining that my Whitelist has been reinstated again because I re-applied quite a long time ago. Which leads me to believe that he wasn't even aware of my App-only ban.
With the HoS and security also being on my side at the time of the round, which another piece of proof that I was in the right.
After months I wanted to give this server and it's Staff members another chance, to which is why this application is quite a bit later than my ban actually was.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• Project Manager

For clarification's sake, I was not aware that you were banned when I put you back on the whitelist, and should have no bearing one way or the other on your ban considering the whitelist issue was an oversight on my part to begin with rather than a signal that you would be unbanned for anything you did beyond that initial issue.

1 hour ago, Retequizzle said:

For clarification's sake, I was not aware that you were banned when I put you back on the whitelist, and should have no bearing one way or the other on your ban considering the whitelist issue was an oversight on my part to begin with rather than a signal that you would be unbanned for anything you did beyond that initial issue.

In the case of this being accepted, how will that affect my whitelist?

Looking at the logs from the date of the ban I get the feeling this was probably a miscommunication. I would like to clarify a few things I found, however:

After the end of that round I played mid-way through the next one and left, I was not messaged in any way by staff

I understand this was almost two months ago, however this is what I see. At 1433 you were ahelped to explain the scuffles between you and the detective. Since you said for the admin to "give me a minute", the admin at the same time, started questioning the detective to get his side of the story. That starts at 1435. At 1438, you abruptly left the server, presumably right as the round ended. I don't think there was as much leeway here for staff to message you as you made out to be. The admin in question tried to reach you at 1439 for a further inquiry, but you had already left.

I also see picking through the logs that you pretty clearly stole a spacecleaner bottle from a janitorial cart, emptied it on the detective, then refilled it with welding fuel, then sprayed an extreme amount of welding fuel onto the detective and then lit him by throwing a match at him. I don't exactly think the detective is in the wrong here for shooting you after you just lit him on fire. Granted there appears to be several reports of him "shooting people at random" but I think in this instance it was not an overreaction.

You also have several distasteful notes of improper or completely inappropriate use of escalation. They are somewhat worrying in frequency when related to your playtime. Your most recent note from 11/05/2022 stated you "had an IC problem with the Warden so [you] made it [your] mission to kill Sec officers, eventually killing one and leaving the body behind". 

For clarification, if a player disconnects before an admin can conclude an ahelp (especially one we initiate), it is standard practice to appeal-ban the disconnecting player as they are presumably disconnecting to avoid the ahelp. Not to insinuate that is what you did, however that is conceivably what it looked like at the time.

All of this considered, I am not entirely sure this was accidental. I think you clearly instigated the detective shooting at you by spraying him with welding fuel and setting him on fire when he started to question someone else.

• 2 weeks later...