[Hwee] - [Starting Cult/3rd ban]

Hwee

SS14 account username: Hwee
Ban reason: [Cult. 3rd ban within 6 months. ]
Date of ban: [2/11/23]
Length of ban: [Appeal only]
Events leading to the ban: [i was a Chaplin on Detroit station i started with cult robes and chose alter, I got toys made a summoning circle, cult stuff. the cap asked to call shuttle everyone said yes but the admin canceled it, I was mad because Detroit station sucks.  after this an engi walks into my room I attack him because I am mid ritual.  he calls sec I fight sec, admin calls, the admin keeps saying cult=ban without letting me speak. i get banned.]
Reason the ban should be removed: [First I didn't know a cult was a crime,  no one died or was gibed to my knowledge outside of me.  I have around 100 ours on this server I think, I have 366 hours on ss14 in total so this was more of a fluke.  the admin wasn't reasoning with me and was kind of rude.  also the admin interfered with the game so I was already mad about that. I know this is LRP but I hade a role play reason to fight everyone.  also 6 months is a wide range for bans and they were for completely different reasons most were because I had little to no understanding of the game.  like I know one was for naming because I kept forgetting to change the name.  I had to go that's why I played Chaplin instead of captain I knew a shouldn't leave mid round with a crucial job like captain and it happened to be Detroit and I happened to have chaos alter so I stated some chaos. i am sorry i wont start a cult or attack people this was a fluke a glitch in the matrix not something common or easily repeatable. sorry, also who names them self Chief_Engineer.

2 hours ago, Stealth16 said:

You did not have a reason to fight people. There are designated antagonists every round. You proceeded to behave like one anyway, because, and I quote:

“cuz detroit”

mainly because was mad about the admin interfering with the shuttle call.

1 minute ago, Stealth16 said:

Irritation is not an excuse to self antag.

i understand that and how my actions were worth a ban, the part i am mainly annoyed about is the 3 bans = perma ban, like i said some of my bans were different and mainly because i was a new player. i promise i will not self antag i know what i am doing what i did wasn't smart i have played this game for a while a few actions from 6 months ago shouldn't effect a dumb decision now.

• Game Admin

Looking at your ban history, your last ban was in October, and at the time, that was your 3rd ban in 6 months. Yet you were not told to appeal for that. That was a rare moment where we did not stick to policy. Now, this time, it’s unfair?

You also had a notable gap in connections between the start of December and the end of January. Almost two months. That’s something that we have to take into consideration as well when considering how long it’s been since your last ban.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

11 minutes ago, Stealth16 said:

Looking at your ban history, your last ban was in October, and at the time, that was your 3rd ban in 6 months. Yet you were not told to appeal for that. That was a rare moment where we did not stick to policy. Now, this time, it’s unfair?

You also had a notable gap in connections between the start of December and the end of January. Almost two months. That’s something that we have to take into consideration as well when considering how long it’s been since your last ban.

all i can say is sorry i want to play on this server but the unban is up to you

Admin consensus is that you are a very frequent problem player and that you will continue to cause problems if you are unbanned. Appeal again in a month, though I find it highly unlikely you will succeed with an appeal without a voucher of good behavior from another server.

This appeal is denied.