[R3TR0_T4P3Z] - [Metagaming/antag spree]

R3TR0_T4P3Z

SS14 account username: R3TR0_T4P3Z
Ban reason: [Metagaming/antag spree]
Date of ban: [02/04/23]
Length of ban: permanent ban and appeal only
Events leading to the ban:  walking around with people just following people drinking at the bar and overall having a good time then after a while of wondering around I get permanently banned for something I didn't do and ever intended to do any harm 
Reason the ban should be removed:  honestly I did nothing wrong and this whole ban is just a huge misunderstanding 

• Project Manager

Some of the people banned appeared to have coordinated before or during the round. Please answer the following additional questions:

1. Did you coordinate with anyone using any method prior to joining the round? If you have, what did you coordinate to do and what means of communication were used?
  2. Did you coordinate with anyone using methods outside the game during the round? If you have, what did you coordinate to do and what means of communication were used?
Edited by Chief_Engineer
fix formatting

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

it was basically nothing just us trying to be confusing to each other by trusting what the other Samuel said no matter if it was true or not and if another Samuel told us otherwise we would believe that Samuel and so on

Edited by R3TR0_T4P3Z
spelling mistakes

• Project Manager

How did you decide on the name you used during the round?

Was the appearance of the character you used in the round different than your typical character's appearance? If so, how did you decide on your character's appearance for the round and why did you decide to use a different one?

What in-game actions of yours resulted from this plan?

Another person involved in the situation indicated that they were told that, at some point prior to the round, an admin had approved of the plan. Did someone also tell or otherwise communicate to you that an admin had approved? If so, who was it communicated to you by, do you know how the admin was contacted or who the admin was, and do you remember what specifically you were told an admin approved of?

Were you involved in the killing and gibbing of someone at the order of the captain? If so, what was the extent of your involvement?

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

well for starters I heard that the whole Admin thing was a mistake and it was a patreon supporter with a similar colored name and assumed to be admin 

as of my in-game actions I was just following around with the other Samuels

the appearance of the character Samuel is different from my typical character and the way we decided is we had a preset made days prior to the round so we could just hop in and not be bothered with character creation and possibly messing up with queue times and confusion 

the killing and gibbing of someone at the order of the captain is real granted I cant quote him but the captain did say to kill a guy that I believe his name was Landon and I was on the side so the worse I probably did was push him once 

• Project Manager
20 hours ago, R3TR0_T4P3Z said:

I was on the side so the worse I probably did was push him once 

You hit Landon 6 times. All hits were performed after he was already dead, meaning that none of them were in furtherance of any order to kill, none were necessary to pacify a threat, and all of them appear to have had no purpose other than to gib the body.

2 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

You hit Landon 6 times. All hits were performed after he was already dead, meaning that none of them were in furtherance of any order to kill, none were necessary to pacify a threat, and all of them appear to have had no purpose other than to gib the body.

I would imagine since he didnt know too much about the game and how death or gibing works (I am still learning myself a little) That he did not know when it happened? Or I'm off and the timing was way after Landon's death 

• Project Manager
12 minutes ago, WYATTWYATT100 said:

I would imagine since he didnt know too much about the game and how death or gibing works (I am still learning myself a little) That he did not know when it happened? Or I'm off and the timing was way after Landon's death 

Please allow the player that the questions are directed at to answer themselves and from their perspective.

5 hours ago, Chief_Engineer said:

I didn't know how to tell when someone is close to death in this game so for all I knew is that he was still alive to some degree so I kept hitting

• Project Manager
48 minutes ago, R3TR0_T4P3Z said:

as I said I didn't know how death works in this game so I stopped when the crowd started to move on to different places 

You stopped after the body was gibbed, meaning it had exploded into a bunch of pieces of the body. I'm asking when you intended to stop. Was your intention to continue attacking the body indefinitely, fully relying on others to determine when you should stop?

Edited by Chief_Engineer
emphasis on intended

There are five appeals open across five different users for the same offense. To save everyone some time, I am going to copy/paste this response which will contain dispositions for each player involved in this. These dispositions represent the consensus of the entire administration team, not just myself.

The Issue

A large group of individuals pre-planned an appearance and naming scheme to facilitate identifying one another in-game. This identification of one another was used to form a mob and act as a cohesive unit to which other players had little hope of doing anything against due to the number of players involved. This is metagaming (using outside information, who those other players actually are, to your advantage). This mob of individuals engaged in a large amount of disruptive activity generally taking the form of a protest or riot (saying "peaceful riot" doesn't change the fact you are calling for a riot, which would fall into "calling for strikes, revolutions, cults, etc.").

Regardless of if the metacommunication was done during the round or done before the round to pre-plan this does not matter, we still see it as metacommunication and it was clearly abused to the detriment of other players not involved in it. 

The Verdicts

Rodriguez_Hasselhoff - As this is your second appeal ban, you will remain appeal banned and require a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server to appeal. You may only provide that voucher and an appeal after six months from now (Aug 11, 2023).

Wulfeee - You, alongside Rodriguez, appear to be the primary instigators or organizers of this. It seems clear to us from a discord screenshot provided by randy10122 that you intended to bend the rules to your advantage to facilitate the metamob without using the textbook definition of metacommunications. You also were forum banned while we mysteriously had a bunch of users we had never seen before show up on Rodriguez's first appeal. While I have undone your forum ban, you will remain appeal banned and it is highly unlikely you will successfully appeal your ban without a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server.

WYATTWYATT100 - Your ban will be reduced to one week from now. From what I see in the logs you were clearly orchestrating a mob or riot to the detriment of the station. Multiple instances of you directing the mob or trying to instigate it to cause trouble or antagonize people. You have been cordial within the appeal, so we will step this down to only a week for now.

randy10122 - We will accept this appeal.

Monstrosity - We will accept this appeal.

elixirsoup - We will accept this appeal.

R3TR0_T4P3Z - We will accept this appeal.

Our banning policy dictates that the next appeal ban after the first will automatically be a voucher ban. Voucher bans require a voucher of good behavior from another SS13/SS14 server and are unappealable for six months after they have been issued. For those unbanned, if you wish to continue playing on Wizard's Den we strongly suggest you re-read the rules and be on very good behavior.