coolmankid12345's Admin Application

In-game Username: coolmankid12345

Discord username: coolmankid12345#8205

Characters you play: Anthony Jones

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?

I've got a max of about 10 hours on SS13 due to being very afraid of learning all the hotkeys and as of now I have 446 hours on SS14. 

How many hours are you available per day: 

Hours vary from day to day but I would say about 5-12 hours a day. Really depends if I work that day or not.

Days you are available on:

Everyday

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:

Never had any admin experience on SS13 but I am an admin on Frigid although I wouldn't say I've had any real experience as Frigid is dead most of the time. To verify you can check the Frigid discord or ask Rain I suppose.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?

I haven't been banned from SS13 or any of your servers. I was however banned from the discord once but it wasn't for anything crazy.

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?

I believe that admins serve three big things. First is making sure that nobody is breaking the rules, mainly I'm talking self-antagging as nobody wants to die in game but dying to someone who isn't even a traitor, that hurts. Of course other rule breakers should be dealt with too depending on how bad it was or if it was intentional or not as we all make mistakes. Second, a big thing is that sometimes rounds can get stale or sometimes you want something different for a round and admins can help by doing events or adding more antags. Third, I'm sure there are a lot of new players that need help and I think admins should and can help new players where they can. I'm sure there are people afraid of SS14 just like I am of SS13 so I'd like to help people enjoy the game like I do. 

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?

Honestly, I love LRP, there are so many funny shenanigans that go on in LRP that just add a lot of life to a round. LRP also leads to shitters here and there but it isn't anything I'm not used to at this point. I do like MRP too but it's not often that MRP is populated but I do wish it was. MRP is also very fun when you need something more serious but there is still some wacky things here and there. 

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?

My sleep schedule is quite a mess so I'm usually up at late points of the night when admins are offline so I could help the server when most people are asleep. Mainly though, I actually really enjoy when admins do events and I've always wanted to try out doing events myself as they add a lot of flavor. I also want to help people when they need it, whether it be stuck in a wall, don't understand the controls, or some self-antagging, every little things helps. And at the end of the day, I love SS14 and am on a lot of the time so I think I should apply as I think I can help.

• 2 weeks later...