Ban appeal :(

Dmlong80

SS14 account username: Dmlong80
Ban reason: Lead Captain to a syndicate stealing his stuff, then the captain killed him.
Date of ban: It's been a couple weeks now i'm not sure of the exact time.
Length of ban: permanently 
Events leading to the ban: So, I died by who knows what and I became a mouse role I was in bridge with captain (still as a mouse) and I went into his room to see that a syndicate was stealing his stuff. I went over to captain and pointed at the door the syndicate was in, the captain killed him and then I had to go so then i Dc'd after i came back (like the next day or so) it said i was banned for Metagame + metagrudge so then I was mad/sad i thought i wouldn't be bothered by it but after only 3 days of being banned i realized that i missed playing this game like, I have over 700 hours just on the server alone.
Reason the ban should be removed: I think i should be unbanned because It wasn't like a terrible rule i broke or anything like that. But if you don't want to unban me right away could you at least shorten my ban to another week or so i don't think it's fair to be perma-banned for that I've also never been banned or anything like that so i think it would be reasonable to at least shorten my ban thank you for looking at my form.

I was the syndie you got killed. It's been a while since the round, but IIRC you went back and forth between me and the Captain, slowly leading him to me while pointing several times, forcing my cover to be blown and for me to be killed shortly after. After I died, I remember you saying something along the lines of "Major Ray more like Major Idiot"

(The character I was playing was named Major Ray)

• Project Manager

The version of events given in your appeal doesn't seem to make sense when compared with logs. For example, what you explain makes it seem as if you just happened to come across Major Ray and decided to point them out to the captain. You make no mention of the "Major Ray = Major Idiot" comment you made in deadchat soon after dying and before disconnecting and it seems to make absolutely no sense for you to have made it with the information you've provided so far.

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

The ban was a few weeks ago and i forgot most of the details about that and yes there was literally 0 reason to call him an idiot because he couldn't help that i was meta gaming or what ever i'm not sure how i ended up dead anyways and i had to disconnect cause i had to go and i'm sorry for ruining that round for him/anybody.

Im redoing this part.    Events leading to the ban: So, I died by who knows what and I became a mouse role I was in bridge with captain (still as a mouse) and I went into his room to see that a syndicate was stealing his stuff. I went over to captain and pointed at the door the syndicate was in, the captain killed him and theni died as a mouse and in dead chat called Major Ray (that was the guy who captain killed) Major idiot. and yes, there was no reason to call him a idiot since im the one who led captain to hm he couldn't do anything about it. Then I had to go after i flew around the map for a little bit, so then i Dc'd after i came back (like the next day or so) it said i was banned for Metagame + metagrudge so then stopped playing the game for a little while (because i had like 100 hours over the past week so i needed a break) at first when i got banned i didn't actually notice it was a perma ban until i came back a few weeks later and realized it was a perma ban.
Reason the ban should be removed: I think i should be unbanned because It wasn't like a terrible rule i broke or anything like that. But if you don't want to unban me right away could you at least shorten my ban to another week or so i don't think it's fair to be perma-banned for that I've also never been banned or anything like that so i think it would be reasonable to at least shorten my ban I've had time to reflect on my behaivor and i realize that there was no reason to do that at all and i know now to not be "smart" as a mouse or anything like so thank you for looking at my form.

• Project Manager
8 hours ago, Dmlong80 said:

I've also never been banned or anything like that

You have two prior bans from September. One for "RDMing under the premise 'i want to role play as a psycho'" and another for "Executed CE with fireaxe, flushed body via disposals, then proceeded to hand out guns to sec and told them to do 'whatever they want'"

image.png.bc33d4c567502f1e0c0325f43cb6f70b.pngimage.png.a54e0c38b83579a437f56d4e5b55048b.png

• Project Manager

Hi Dmlong80,

We've gone over your appeal, and have concluded at the time, that we will not be lifting this ban.

Due to your past history and behavior, we feel that if you were to return- other players would feel uncomfortable if they were being insulted and targeted due to IC means, which wouldn't be beneficial for the community.