Camberme, newbie player / experiened adult.

camberme

In-game Username: camberme
Discord username: camberme#5603
Characters you play: Botanist, Engineer
How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14? SS13 for a little while long time ago, SS14, since open on steam

How many hours are you available per day: 5-8, depending on my work day
Days you are available on: All

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this: Admin on Ark survival (unofficial) Minecraft, and 7 days to die servers (self owned)
Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before? No

This is the more essay-y part of the application, you should answer the following questions in detail, so we can get a better idea of how you'd approach adminning.

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers? While playing the game them selves currently to find and test bugs, admins should also be watching the chat/ going on's on the server for people "complaining" The current servers are low RP, and state things like you shouldn't "murder" people or self antag "just cause" you should have reason, but also theres no current game mechanic that stops this from happening. Admins are there to kick people who do play "outside the rules" or ban repeat offenders.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server? In a game like this, there isn't much rule enforcing that can be done outside the mechanics of the game, Roleplay is left up to the willingness of each person and their skill at said roleplay, this can lead to metagaming (knowing things your "character" doesn't know) or Powergaming (doing things your character shouldn't be able to do), just because as a player you know how to. Currently in play testing / alpha stage there is little to encourage people to Roleplay, if they know hwo to do things, why not just do it, or if they are just bored, why not self antag... Admins are there to remind them, that others are playing as well, this isn't a game for one player, it's a game for all players.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14? I really like teaching people things. As an admin I could spend time watching people "play" and learn how they teach them selves, and use the tools to further the new player experience in the game, also using some time to watch the server / admin help, while writing wiki articles or "guides" for roles for people to read / learn when they can't play.

• Project Manager

Looking at your discord history, you have a total 59 messages in our discord. I feel more comfortable making people trial admin who have been around the community, and actively so for a while, hence i can judge them better.

Otherwise, your application looked pretty solid, besides maybe a bit sloppily written.

Feel free to apply again once you've become a bit more active in the community :)

Cheers,
Paul

• Paul locked this topic