New properties for the poppy

FIllIN13

Hi all!
I propose to add a little realism to Space Station 14. One day I got bored, so I decided to ask the botanists to grow some "fun" plant. But they didn't have any, and I remembered that I had been told that poppies in large quantities have narcotic properties. So I decided to ask them for poppy in the hope that it would work here too. But after I took a bag of the plant, which was completely filled with poppy, and ate the entire contents, nothing happened to me. My character only thought it looked like medicine. 
I remembered it now and decided to write about it here.
It's a small detail, but it will be enjoyable!
 Excerpt from a scientific article: "All natural drugs of the opium group are derived from the poppy. Causes a state of euphoria, tranquility, peacefulness. Involved in metabolic processes it leads to fast (sometimes after one or two intakes) occurrence of the strongest mental and physical dependence. It has an extremely destructive effect on the body."

• Game Admin

This was interesting to me... I looked at the ss13 wiki and apparently you could extract morphine from poppies!

I don't recall if morphine is in ss14 but the short version is that it makes you have slightly faster movement while injured.

• Game Admin
13 hours ago, FIllIN13 said:

Maybe, but it's morphine, and so I'd like the narcotic effect of poppy in its original state.

I guess they could have it give the space drugs effect after a certain amount of units consumed, I think cannabis does the same thing if I'm not mistaken?

26 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I guess they could have it give the space drugs effect after a certain amount of units consumed

Yes! That's what I mean! 
It would be nice if they added the narcotic effects of poppies after a certain amount was consumed

• 2 months later...