Whisper's Admin Application

Whisper

• Game Admin

In-game Username:
Whisper

Discord username:
Whisper#4784

Characters you play:
Hayden Holden, Formerly Hadley Holden. I changed my first name because there was another Hadley who often hangs out with another crew member. I didn’t want to confuse them, so I took initiative to allow them to meet easier and enjoy their time on the station. I’ve been considering having multiple characters but I’d rather keep Hayden to form more relationships with the community!

How long have you been playing SS13 or SS14?
I don't remember exactly when I started SS14, but I picked it up again a few months ago and love it to this day. Clocked nearly 200 hours on steam, mostly all on Wizard's Den Lizard, but I've also played on Salamander and Miros. I'm very proficient in all departments and run Heads/Captain when needed!

How many hours are you available per day:
4 hours typically. It depends on the day as I do have a job… on my days off, I can have more than 10 hours.

More specifically, I work overnight, so I will always be up 8pm - 12am EST on my days off which would be a nice addition to have on the team, as I do see a decent amount of players at these hours. Besides that, I have a few hours to play before work, and hours in the mornings when I get home. I can adjust my schedule to have more hours in the afternoon rather than morning to cover where needed.

Days you are available on:
Every day! I don’t tend to have other things going on besides maintenance or family events. If I’m also required or needed to assist in the discord server moderation, I will always have time for that as well!

Prior administration experience (SS13 experience recommended). Please also post a way for us to verify this:
Unfortunately, I haven’t got any administration experience with SS13, all my experience has come from 14. I also don’t know if it’s relevant, but I’ve used sandbox mode before and I am familiar with it.

Have you been banned from our game servers or SS13 servers before?
No bans or warnings as far as I’m aware. The only time I got a questioning message from an admin, was when I was first learning medical and the cloner wasn't working. (The admin wasn't able to connect it either and concluded I did all I could.)
Anything I would have questions about, I would ahelp before doing so!

(This is the more essay-y part of the application)

What role do you think game admins serve on our servers?
I’ve seen admins perform many tasks, it’s been quite amazing to observe. Just from my knowledge and what I've seen, they obviously enforce the rules for starters, to keep the game in a reasonable state. I also know admins have to go through logs to investigate situations, as well as resolving personal conflicts between players. I’m also very much aware that they are also able to control the flow of the game if needed, in the interest of giving players a better experience. (Much like a dungeon master in DND would!) I’ve also had a handful of times where admins would have to intervene to protect players from the game’s occasional engine bugs if it’s something players can not easily resolve themselves, like the recent bug where grilles would crit people behind glass.

How do you feel about the current roleplay status on the server?
Honestly? I quite love it! I know not everyone agrees, but to me it’s a perfect mix of serious in-character acting and casual gameplay as far as Lizard goes. It’s very heartwarming to see departments teaching new players while remaining in character! I’ve only had that honor a few times in Security and Science, but it was nice. Salamander is nice too, but I’ve had better experiences in Lizard.

Why do you want to become an administrator for SS14?
I believe I have learned if not mastered all the departments at this point, and can be an effective source of help for new players for starters! I had considered asking how I might apply a few weeks ago, but the reason I am currently writing this today is because of an experience I had with mushroomLavender, who referred me to the forums.

The short story is, we had a round that was in complete chaos. Several self-antags and security shooting them as they tried to breach security (This was a bugged round that became an extended round with no threats). This had all happened in the short time the admin was away, and escalated very quickly! mushroomLavender managed to recover the round by setting revolutionaries within the crew.

This inspired me to commit to applying and so I asked them what the process was. I am fully ready to adapt quickly, learn how to manage logs and ahelp reports, and I believe I am capable of handling IC and OOC conflicts!

In short, I would love to contribute to the quality and player experience of the game, and connect with the community. Thank you for your consideration!

Edited by Whisper

• Whisper changed the title to Whisper's Admin Application
  • 2 weeks later...