Create your station

FIllIN13

Hello everybody!
From my first experience in this beautiful game, I wondered: "Is it possible to create your own ship / map?" - after going through the menu, I realized that there is no such function. To make sure of this, I created a local server, but in order to implement such an idea, it is necessary to put walls, objects, and so on in the admin menu cell by cell. And of course, this will not be preserved in the next round. Then I became a little sad, because realizing that I would not get anything good with this function, I still wanted to try to create my own map / station /spaceship. 
So well. I suggest that developers add such a function, since half the work has been done, since it is already possible to put walls, create objects and more through the admin menu.
Thank you for reading, and if you add this, then I will be even more delighted and very grateful :3

3 hours ago, Stealth16 said:

Вы должны проверить руководство по картированию!

https://docs.spacestation14.io/en/content/mapping

This is very problematic. You have to study tons of text, why not just do it in the form of a menu? It's the same with the servers that are shown in the game lobby. You can just add a button with the creation of a server! Also make a button with the creation of a map and replace the commands with a functional menu!

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, FIllIN13 said:

This is very problematic. You have to study tons of text, why not just do it in the form of a menu? It's the same with the servers that are shown in the game lobby. You can just add a button with the creation of a server! Also make a button with the creation of a map and replace the commands with a functional menu!

When you code it

• Game Admin
2 hours ago, FIllIN13 said:

Because nobody has made that yet.

I was able to properly setup mapping in about 20 minutes, and I'm not very smart. It's pretty intuitive.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

19 hours ago, FIllIN13 said:

SS14 is not a small-time party game you can just press a host button for. Running an SS14 server is already a big commitment, especially with the expectation that at least one person running the server knows how to program and is capable of creating custom content for the server (it is worth noting almost nobody runs vanilla SS14 except Wizard's Den itself.)

If you can't follow those guides you shouldn't be making a server/etc, you'd be in over your head with the size of a commitment it is to run one.