kaB00M_ 2nd Ban Appeal

kaB00M_

SS14 account: kaB00M_

Character name: Cade Arnold

Type of Ban: Game Ban

Date of Ban and Duration: I made a previous appeal that I can't find, but I believe that one has a rough estimate on it. Sorry. The ban was permanent.

Reason for Ban: "Round 16297, chlorine + fluorine = explosion on shuttle before arrival. Appears to have latejoined just to grief. Please appeal at forums.ss14.io"

Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard

Your side of the story: Joined as chemist, things went to shit as they usually do. Shuttle was called and I thought that I would try to do something funny and grabbed a bucket and a beaker and mixed it 3:1 chlorine to fluorine. Got on the shuttle, waited until the shuttle was in transit (I thought this would make it a little less bannable because we were pretty much at the end of the round anyway). I spilled the chemicals, it goes boom, you know the rest. Open up SS14 the next day and what do you know, I'm banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I already posted a ban appeal a long time ago in which I lied like and idiot and dug myself a bigger hole than I was already in. I am really regretting the maybe one minute of laughter I got in return for a permaban from the server. I feel like an idiot when I see SS14 on my recently played because of how much time and effort I put into learning all the mechanics and chemicals of the game to go and waste it for and ultimately unfunny joke. There are so many things you can do in this game besides the "ha ha boom" and I now see that it just isn't worth losing the ability to play the game by being an idiot. I want to come back and I want to play correctly this time. I hope you can let me return to the server, but I would understand if the answer is once again no.

Anything else we should know: That I am sorry for being such and idiot and I thank you for considering letting me back on.

Hey kab00m_,

Let me start by saying we appreciate your (delayed) honesty. Chemistry grief is by far one of the most common and annoying things we have to deal with, especially on the shuttle before/during transit, as well as during the normal course of the round as people like to "make things for the end round" which usually results in them being used pre-maturely if they can find an excuse or get bored enough. Let me outline things you shouldn't do:

• Don't make bombs/fire/death mixes for the "end round" or before you have any valid reason or purpose to do so as non-antagonist
  • Don't attack/bomb/space/disrupt the shuttle before the end-round summary appears at central command. It is not your objective to be the last man standing in the end of the round deathmatch everyone is so fond of apparently, and attacking people before the end-round screen can disrupt traitor objectives unfairly.
  • Don't blatantly lie to administrators and force us to go back and piece together what happened so we can tell you why you're lying.

You have been banned for about 40 days for your emergency shuttle stunt and then lying to us in an appeal.

That being said, your honesty here has come about with the consensus to accept this appeal and unban you. As a precautionary measure I will be applying a two-week Chemistry/Scientist/Warden/Heads of Staff role ban which will expire on its own. I will process this shortly.

Edited by lonesoldier55