MIDI thread

swept

On 3/28/2023 at 7:28 PM, deltanedas said:

... you can

on linux anyway, i hear you need to do funny thing on windows to make it recognize the keyboard

Heck, you don't even need a proper physical keyboard. I've been having fun with a virtual one - that is, using my computer's keyboard to simulate an actual keyboard. Got a chromatic key configuration, and it's awesome! (look up the Qwertuoso/Sixtyforgan/Commodordion if you wanna have an idea of what that's like)

I'm using vkeybd for that. If you're on Linux, you can probably just try it out. But you'll probably want to change the key configuration (even if you want a piano-like layout, you can do a lot better than vkeybd's default), and it was a bit of a pain to figure it all out. So if anyone wants it, I can post some instructions.

Edited by Del

• 1 month later...

You want to make midis? There's no easy way, I'm afraid. You have to get a midi sequencer (there's probably a ton of options), and you have to know music theory, and if you want it to have every instrument playing, then you have to know how to play the part of every single instrument in a song.

(I'm sorry if I sound condescending. You're a stranger on the interwebz, and I don't know how much you know about music.)

I don't mean to discourage you. Sequencers can be a lot of fun, so you should try anyway! Although, if you wanna have fun making bad music, I still think using a virtual keyboard to make live music is cooler.

I tried an online mp3 to midi converter once (can't remember the website) and it sucked ass. Any tool that tries to do this will probably suck ass, unless you have a very simple melody, with no harmony or beats, and even then you'll probably have a better time with a sequencer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is my Midi folder for SS14
most of the files are taken from MuseScore
I hope you will find something that will diversify your playing on the instrument.
touhou4.midTouhou3.midtouhou2.midtouhou1.midThe Rebel Path.midTales_of_Berseria_Thme.midSword_Art_Online.midSS14.midSpooky_Scary_Skeletons__Andrew_Gold.midSponge13.midsponge11.midsponge10.midSponge9.midSponge8.midSponge7.midSponge6.midSponge5.midSponge4.midsponge3.midSponge2.midSponge1.midSmeshariki_-_Tema_polyota.midSmeshariki_-_Tema_krasoty.midskyrim1.midshadow.midS.T.A.L.K.E.R.Radio.midRobin_hood_-_Anson_Seabra.midRimWorld_2018_-_Ceta_VGM.midRightfully_-_Goblin_Slayer_OP.midRA_RA_RASPUTIN.midpinkpant.midParasyte.midOverlord_IV.midOverlord_III.midOverlord_II.midostrov3.midostrov2.midOstrov1.midOne_Punch_Man_OP_The_Hero.midOMSk.midNupog7.midNupog6.midNupog5.midNupog4.midNupog3.midNupog2.midNupog1.midnone.midnew.midMoskau.midMGS.midMGR3.midMGR2.midMGR1.midMass_effect3.midLOR13.midLOR12.midLOR10.midLOR9.midLOR8.midLOR7.midLOR6.midLOR5.midLOR4.midLOR3.midLOR2.midLOR1.midLimbus2.midlimbus1.midLets_Talk_Science.midLC.midKonosuba5.midKonosuba4.midKonosuba3.midKonosuba2.midkonosuba1.midkingdomcome2.midkingdomcome.midkai theme.midInfinity_Nado.midHafanana_-_Afric_Simone.midGourmet_Race-Kirby_Super_Star_UltraSolo_Piano_Arrangement.mscz.midGlorious_Morning.midGloria_Gaynor_-_I_Will_Survive.midGhost_Busters_Sax_Quartet.midGenshin3.midgenshin2.midgenshin1.midGecchu_Rabu_Rabu_.midFunky_Town.midFortnite_Default_Dance_Music_Marching_Band.mscz.midFight_Club_Assassins_Creed_III.midfeonor.midFarewell_my_Daughter_full.midFallout_Main_Theme_-_Mission_Impossible_Fallout_-_Lorne_Balfe_-_Piano_Solo.mscz.midEmpire_of_Angels.midDubidubidu.midDRAGO.midDeponia.midDDT_-_Chto_takoe_osen.midDancing_Line_-_The_Plains.midchip_i_.midBury_The_Light__Casey_Edwards_Vergils_battle_theme_from_Devil_May_Cry_5_Special_Edition.midbremen7.midbremen6.midBremen5.midBremen4.midBremen3.midbremen2.midbremen1.midBetter_Call_Saul_Main_Title_Theme_-_Little_Barrie.midBeliever.midAstronomia.midASPC.midAmogus.midAkme1.midA_Banda.midZorba's-Dance-1.midWintermute__The_Long_Dark_Theme.midWHY_NOT_by_CARLIT0CHURRIT0.midWakfu_-_Opening.midVisotnik.midv_lesu_.midutinye_.midUnwelcome_School_Blue_Archive.midUndertale_-_Battle_Against_A_True_Hero.midtrus_ne.midtouhou7.midtouhou6.midtouhou5.mid

• Thanks 1