ban appeal

Blahaj_the_shonk

SS14 account: Blahaj_the_shonk
Character name: Lexi Parker
Type of Ban: Job ban from command roles
Date of Ban and Duration: 19/11/2022
Reason for Ban: Killing someone for a cape
Server you were playing on when banned: Lizard
Your side of the story: Someone had a trans cape that they thought was pink that I had offered multiple diffident things for which they refused, so i crit then, not killed, took the cape and then brought them to medical to be resuscitated, for which they were out for about 3 mins. Through out that round they were following me around the station and at one point tried to break glass with a chair in ai as the power was out and i was in the airlock helping another player build something, and ended up shocking themselves and dying of asphyxiation, so i brought them to medical to be cloned where they were only dead for about 4 mins.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Yes i agree i did crit someone for there cape and yes, it did impact the person i took it from enjoyment of the round. But when I did crit them i tried as quick as possible to get them back, same again when they accidentally killed them selves trying to break a window, where i then bought them to medical to be cloned straight away. So i would say being role banned for this, especially it being by first time doing something like this, is a bit over the top.

As the person who had the cape, it honestly doesn't bother me too much that you wanted it and I probably would've given it to you if you kept on insisting. What bothered me was the disregard for the rules and how you handled the situation. I approached you on SEVERAL different occasions during that round trying to inform you what you did wasn't right and you had zero remorse, and now you're showing remorse for the sake of the appeal.

I'm not sure how long your command role ban is, but I don't think it should be permanent if you're willing to learn from your mistakes, own up to them, and at least give the rules another re-read especially since they just changed.

SS14.Loader_oi3GjNdF5c.png

SS14.Loader_VB9ibhrEWm.png

SS14.Loader_QuIz1Pk60M.png

Edited by Bok

ok first thanks for actually responding <3

also just read over the rules again and found 18, fair enough i did break that one and was being an asshole. Main reason i wasn't showing remorse then is I didn't think it was necessarily that bad considering I was fully intending to bring you to medical afterwards. But ya i get why people look down on that behavior, soo ya sorry (:

• Thanks 1

I am pretty sure all of the other admins were in agreement on this when this situation was brought to our attention:

Deciding to resort to violence and force when your negotiations with someone over a piece of clothing you want fail is abhorrent behavior, especially as the captain. I can’t see how anyone sees it is okay to use the captain’s position to attack someone for a cosmetic piece of clothing and steal it.

These rolebans are appeal only for now. Appeal them in a week with a good streak of behavior and we’ll talk.