SS14 Ban appeal

CornCobbiler

SS14 account: CornCobbiler
Character name: Scot Harlen, I forgot the other names.
Type of Ban: Command Role Ban
Date of Ban and Duration: November 17
Reason for Ban: Multiple "violations" of some rules with each role.
Server you were playing on when banned: Wizards den USA
Your side of the story: Each account of me apparently breaking a rule where different, and I have admitted to doing wrong each time. First time was a HoP, where I was still somewhat new to the game and I went into armory each time and grabbed a small lethal and a pair of boots. I did this as I wanted to look somewhat better the I currently looked. I walked out of sec when I think it was the HoS told me to "stop taking everything in armory. (I had given myself armory perms, yet again new to the game and unknowing it was wrong to give yourself access). I explained to the HoS that I didn't take everything, only around 3 items including a Kriss vector as at the time there where no pistols in the armory. After a bit of an exchange the captain showed up, I explained the whole situation, and he gave me full permission to keep the things I took. Some time later an admin contacted me and exploded me. The second time I was a HoS, still not fully familiar with the game and around 30- minutes into the round tritium spread to the maints right next to the sec office. I had no idea what it was or how lethal it was, and I saw an engi light a bit of it on fire with a welder. I came up with the idea to get rid of the gas by setting it on fire, not knowing it was that flammable. After setting it ablaze I walked back into sec and told the warden what I had did and because I thought I helped in some way I said "it was for the funny" clearly knowing and understand this wasn't funny. I was about to leave when an admin contacted me and promptly exploded me, making comments on how we should just explode anyone who breaks a rule, witch made it sound like I stated that so I don't know why he took that to heart. The third and final time was as RD. The beginning of the round was exceptionally boring and I always want to be doing something. The artifact was in a standstill and I couldn't find a workaround and we had no points to spend. After setting everything up I had some fun with another sci member where we would lock each other in artifact crates. Out of continued boredom me and that same member walked outside and trapped 2 people in crates, then asked them if they liked out stylish hats, and let them go. Not taking anything they owned or harming them in any way. We did this to two people, the first one was chill about it and left, the second one was a sec officer who personally took it too close to heart and tried to arrest me. I attempted to explain it was a joke but then got arrested. During this I got accused of throwing a "tantrum" when I was just trying to defend my case. During my arrest the artifact got progress and released tritium gas, witch didn't catch fire but did irradiate the entirety of the upper side of sci. I managed to get out of sec in time to help by bolting doors closed so it couldn't spread. Then someone made a welder bomb and blew a hole into space. I got accused of not stopping them but they where in maints and I had no idea they where about to do it. Then one thing leads to another the pretty much entirety of sci becomes useless and all if not 2 of all the sci personnel are missing or dead. After this I'm accused of going on a rampage on the one security officer who arrested me. I will admit I did take their PDA off their body while I was still spiteful for what they did, but I didn't walk away with it. Rather another sci member took it and did something. Another time I made a 5 second lasting plan to space that sec officer, but I didn't do anything to further that. I did ask for a baton right after but I wasn't going to really use it on the officer, I asked for one to get rid of greytides outside the sci office trying to get in and for electric artifacts. 
Why you think you should be unbanned: The first two incidents where due to my lack of understanding for the game and its common principles and mechanics. I did get permission from the cap to use those items if need be, and i think I recall he did ask me to put the kriss vector back witch I did. The HoS incident was of of lack of knowledge for the game and a misunderstanding, and the RD incident was off of boredom and in-the-moment compulsions that made the story look one sided. I know these things now and I understand that I shouldn't of done them in the first place, but the consequences seem a bit extreme for issues that where solved quickly.
Anything else we should know: Each time I did one of these acts and talked to admins I did admit to my wrong doings, at some points I even admitted to not knowing what would happen.

Hello

From what I understand you perceive some kind of issue of bias against you from certain admins. I don’t believe we’ve interacted before so I will be handling this appeal. Expect me to review every interaction that you’ve had with our administration team in the ahelp relay (it is all logged).

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png

I have had multiple interactions with the admin lonesoilder, and I don't hate him for any kind of jurisdiction he had to me, I do feel some annoyance. Its not like I hate him, its like its annoying that every time I get in some kind of trouble I'm immediate handled to him. I do feel like some of the methods used by admins to prosecute me where unreasonable to some extent, but never was it personal. Its just a repeated interaction with the same person has left a distaste in my mouth. I simply want to clear up anything misunderstood and give light to what I now see exactly what I did wrong.

I have reviewed all of your interactions in relay with admins and concluded with zero doubt in my mind that you have no business playing command roles presently. You have demonstrated both incompetence and malice while playing various heads of staff in the last eight days alone. I have detailed below the exact thought process I had while reviewing your case.

Let's start from the beginning. A conversation between you and Kayek on September 27 where you said the following.

Kayek: please dont tell others to suck your dick
CornCobbiler: He was an asshole
CornCobbiler: By the way you should explode people the second they break a rule

This lead to a note being placed in your file that read whenever you break a rule, you should be exploded. This was the consensus of several admins (myself included, I think) so it was not bias. This should answer your following concerns about being treated unfairly- you specifically requested we detonate rulebreakers.

18 hours ago, CornCobbiler said:

Some time later an admin contacted me and exploded me.

I was about to leave when an admin contacted me and promptly exploded me, making comments on how we should just explode anyone who breaks a rule, witch made it sound like I stated that so I don't know why he took that to heart.

Your first strike, and your first interaction with lonesoldier was in early October, where you were played head of personnel and raided the armory at the start of the round. This is referred to as powergaming and is explicitly against our rules as of the recent rules rewrite. As powergaming was not explicitly written in the rules as of the time of that interaction (it still fell under rules 1 and 4 on the previous rules rewrite), it simply lead to what would have been a warning- but for you, was instead a detonation. You seemed to remember your previous request back then, because you replied with

lonesoldier55: im seeing here you have requested to be exploded each time you break a rule
CornCobbiler: thanks jackass

This is a pattern that I saw of your interactions with admins ingame. Lots of attitude and profanity, lots of dodging questions. I do not appreciate the way that you speak to our staff. This is a purely volunteer-run project. We are donating our time to make sure that the servers are running smoothly. We do not always succeed but this undue attitude is not acceptable.

You recognize that your actions here were incorrect, although you do seem to diminish the circumstances in your appeal. You justified taking the lethals from the armory by saying

CornCobbiler: Mind explaing how 30 people get into hop office a second, and how sec is briandead and thought I took "every gun from armory"

Which, even if it were true, is not a valid use of lethals as per the rule 12 at the time- use non-lethals unless you are facing a lethal threat. Greytiders are not a lethal threat. You do not need a Vector and pistol to defend yourself from greytiders. Handcuffs would have been justifiable. Armory weapons are not.

Your second strike was, to your credit, nearly a month later. You were caught lighting fires in maintenance. I take issue with your side of the story in the appeal, specifically this line, which contradicts itself before you even finish the sentence.

I came up with the idea to get rid of the gas by setting it on fire, not knowing it was that flammable.

But you also demonstrate rather well that this command role ban was well-placed in the previous line.

The second time I was a HoS, still not fully familiar with the game

This issue was seven days ago as per the time of the ban. If you want to try to suggest that you have suddenly become "fully familiar" with the game in seven days, you are being intentionally dishonest.

I also take issue with this line that is also a self-contradiction, and the corresponding section in your response to lonesoldier.

I thought I helped in some way I said "it was for the funny" clearly knowing and understand this wasn't funny.

lonesoldier55: don't set fires as the head of security because you find it entertaining
CornCobbiler: I DIDNT FIND IT ENTERTAINING
CornCobbiler: HOW FUCKING ELSE WAS I GOING TO EXPLAIN IT
CornCobbiler: I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS THAT FLAMIBLE

Nobody has ever said "it was funny" when doing something they didn't think was funny. You are being intentionally dishonest here again.

You also took issue with lonesoldier detonating you, despite the request you placed earlier. You seemed to have forgotten that interaction.

lonesoldier55: I also see here where you have requested to be exploded the moment you break a rule
CornCobbiler: i havent?
CornCobbiler: i never requested that
lonesoldier55: I explicitly see a note here
CornCobbiler: a note from when?
lonesoldier55: oh here it is in your ahelp relay from september
lonesoldier55: "by the way you should explode people the second they break a rule"
CornCobbiler: dude i get it
CornCobbiler: your the same asswipe that didnt understand the whole story the first time i "broke a rule"

Once again, immediate profanity and attitude. This is extremely aggravating to me and is not a point in your favor. I am impressed with the patience of lonesoldier (and later, Chief_Engineer) in not banning you for being that aggressive.

CornCobbiler: i didnt do shit
CornCobbiler: why are my words being used as fucking fact
CornCobbiler: there is no fucking connection
CornCobbiler: doin great at your job btw

Going to skip over your next interaction with lonesoldier because it doesn't appear relevant, and we're going to jump ahead to your third strike.

You picked research director and, during a moment of downtime, decided to go kidnap people in the locking artifact crate out of boredom. This is not a misunderstanding of game mechanics. There is no "not understanding everything" yet here. You decided, as a head of staff, to kidnap people and then claim it was a joke. Whether or not it was a joke is not relevant. You locked people in the artifact crate. You cannot weasel out of that.

CornCobbiler: i didnt "kidnap" anyone, I will admit I did take people into an artifact crate but i wasnt kidnapping them, i didnt take any of their shit and i let them go in the end

What you are saying here is "I didn't kidnap anyone, I will admit I did kidnap people but I wasn't kidnapping them, I didn't rob them and I let them go." But that statement isn't exactly valid is it?

Chief_Engineer: why'd you steal their ID while they were asleep in sci
CornCobbiler: because i had some spite for them of course, but i didnt take it with me

Because you DID rob the security officer. You stole their ID and left it on the ground where another scientist took it. At best that is criminal negligence. You have no business playing a command role if you believe that is not your fault. And it does seem you believe that it was not your fault that you robbed the security officer's ID and then you left their ID on the ground instead of returning it. You, a belligerent asshole, kidnapped a security officer, took their ID off out of spite, and then left it on the ground. And you claim that is not your fault.

19 hours ago, CornCobbiler said:

Out of continued boredom me and that same member walked outside and trapped 2 people in crates, then asked them if they liked out stylish hats, and let them go. Not taking anything they owned or harming them in any way. We did this to two people, the first one was chill about it and left, the second one was a sec officer who personally took it too close to heart and tried to arrest me.

CornCobbiler: the entire fucking sci department was fucked in the first place, as someone bombed it. also this was in the begining of the round where nothing was happening. also that other person i told was also in on the act in some way. so please explain to me what the actual fuck im supposed to do as im waiting for shit to happen in sci? we didnt have points to spend, the artifact was stuck without any workarounds i could find, and the artifact containing was started by the other guy in the first place, witch i went off of by boredom. also your acting as if you wouldnt be at least a little annoyed if you got arrested by sec? the entire thing was a fucking joke, the sec and the other person we did it on where uptight stiffs who didnt take a fucking hint and leave it. I get that i shouldnt of done it in the first place, but holy fuck what else was i going to do in the first place anyway? there wasnt shit to do

I don't believe that it is extremely difficult to expect the head of the science department to not kidnap and rob security officers out of boredom. I also think it is extremely reasonable to arrest said scientist for kidnapping people. You then proceeded to threaten to kill the security officer, took his PDA, and made his life hell all shift.

CornCobbiler: you both suck ass at admining btw

In conclusion, boredom is not an excuse to be an assholeFrom my review you appear to be an asshole in general, not just when bored. This ban is absolutely correct.

I am going to make this extremely clear to you. The next time that you cuss out an admin for doing their job or break the rules, you will be taking a long vacation from the wizard's den server group. You are on extremely thin ice right now.

This appeal is denied and you may make another appeal no sooner than one month from now (December 18) with the stipulation that you have had consistent playtime and no additional warnings or gamebans.

image.png.aec77a9db2471e0d9c572ec13d28700c.png